Ten: Pretend

"Taehyung." Jungkook turned around wide eyed as the sound of breaking glass rang in his ears.

"O-oh. How clumsy of me." Taehyung nervously laughed. "I-I'll sweep this up before it hurts anyone." He added before escaping to the kitchen

Jimin and Jungkook stayed frozen in place with their mouths gaping. They thought Tae had heard what Jungkook had confessed, but from what they've witnessed Tae was clueless. They were unaware that Tae did in fact heard everything.

Taehyung loved Jungkook so much, they just celebrated their one week anniversary and he won't let it end just here. But he knew, too, that Jungkook's love for him will never be as strong as his for Jimin.

He was ready to suffer for their relationship. He was ready to get hurt if it meant Jungkook would stay. He had gave Jimin a chance to be with Jungkook. He freed himself from his feeling before. But now that Jungkook was here, he will never let him go.

"Tae." Jungkook followed him soon after regaining consciousness from his short daze.

"Hmm?" Taehyung tried as hard as he can to hide the hurt from his voice and pretend as if he was okay. He turned to see his boyfriend with shameful eyes, and he managed to pull of an innocent look as if nothing happened.

"You're not mad?" The older saw this coming, but he started it already and he was really persistent.

"Mad? Kookie, why would I be mad?" He approached the younger and snaked his arms on his neck. Jungkook looked up afterwards, feeling guilty that now Taehyung would probably interrogate on why he asked that question.

"You didn't hear anything?" Jungkook asked with puppy eyes.

How Taehyung wished to just yell out his feelings right there, it would be much better than bottling it up. But he decided against it, thinking that fighting with him would end up risking their relationship. Jungkook was in his arms and Taehyung knew he loved him, but based on what he just heard, he can't avoid but to feel that if he argue against Jungkook, he would choose Jimin over him. That's why he fought against his decisions.

"What? Wait, did I miss something?" Taehyung fake gasped but made it sound as realistic as possible.

"O-oh. No...n-nothing baby." Jungkook felt nervous as he felt guiltier every minute when he too pulled up a lie. Taehyung was hurt too, he knew it was a lie, but he hid it.

"Oh okay. Just go back out there and I'll go clean the shards."

When Taehyung didn't push more and supposedly ask what Jungkook meant, the younger grew concerned but shrugged it off.

"Let me help you with that."

"No. You might hurt yourself."

"I can handle it." Jungkook persisted earning a giggle from Taehyung

"You're still a baby, you can hurt yourself. Just...I can do this."

"I'm not a baby." Jungkook pouted playfully and Taehyung pinched his cheeks.

"You're my baby." Taehyung cooed while Jungkook cringed lightly while scrunching up his nose and murmured a 'cheesy' making Taehyung laugh more and soon a smile tugged up his lips.

Jungkook's smile faded when he returned to the living room and saw Jimin was still there. He knew he gave Jimin hope and that's why he didn't leave.

"Kook. What did he say?" Jimin was nervous, too. He wants Jungkook but he wants to get him without breaking a relationship.

"Fortunately, he heard nothing and it was just his cute clumsy ass." Jimin was hurt when he heard Jungkook calling him 'cute' but he said nothing nonetheless and only dropped his head in disappointment.

"Did you mean it? Was that exactly what you felt, Kookie? You're not playing with me?" Jimin questioned slowly and softly, afraid that his words might anger Jungkook but no matter how soft he got, he still triggered the younger.

"Yes, Jimin. I meant everything and that was exactly what was going on. But isn't it ironic to question me playing with you? As far as I can remember, I'm not the player here." Jungkook uttered nonchalantly.

"I'm sorry" was only he could say as guilt slowly seeped in. He could say this a million times just so Jungkook could forget, but it was not that easy.

"You can leave now, Jimin." He knew he would hurt his hyung but he was tired of playing victim.

"But...but...y-you said that---" Jungkook interrupted as he read exactly what Jimin meant before he could put it to words

"I know what I said Jimin." He slightly raised his voice but quickly returned it to normal when he remembered Taehyung. "I know that I said that my relationship with Taehyung is what hinders my relationship with you, but that doesn't mean I'll break it off with him just so I can satisfy your needs." He gritted his teeth slightly.

"But J-jungkook, you said you w-want me. I love you and I know you love me too, j-just give me a chance." Jimin let his tears cascade once more.

"I love you. That is the most honest statement I've ever mentioned in my life. But I love Tae, too. And he was the one who understood me. Now that he's here and he's mine, I won't let that opportunity slip past just because you showed up again. I won't break his heart like the way you did to me. I consider feelings, too. Something you failed to do." Anger overtook him and he clenched his fist tight.

"Kookie I know---"

"Don't tell me you know Jimin. Because you would've understood if you knew. I love you, but it won't be that hard to turn 'love' to 'loved'. Just like how you left me" He interrupted as he didn't want to hear Jimin's excuses anymore and make him feel feelings that he shouldn't feel.

But no matter what he do, he can't stay mad at the older. And Jimin has no reason to get mad at Jungkook, too. They just have mutual feelings at the wrong time.

"I know you know that I love you more than Taehyung, you have been roaming in my mind and in my heart for as long as I can remember." His tears threatened to fall but he glared at Jimin to make it seem otherwise.

"But you, Jimin, played with my feelings. And I can too. I can reverse everything, just like how I did the other day, and what I'm doing today." He continued as he unclenched his fist and willed himself to calm down.

Taehyung was standing from afar and took this moment as his signal to step in with rubber gloves and a thick plastic for the shards of glass.

Jungkook noticed his presence and immediately whispered for Jimin to get up. Jimin obeyed quickly as he didn't want any more reasons for Jungkook to get mad at him.

"I-I'm sorry for disturbing you. I-I'm gonna leave." Jimin bowed a full 90 degrees to show his deep apologies and to also hide his tears. But before he could take his leave and open the door, he battled against himself but soon turned to Taehyung.

"Remember me...........Taebear." Jimin uttered and left. The two were taken aback with confusion, as he unconsciously let past a tear.

Selfish, as it is, but he couldn't be more happier with his decision. Until Jimin decided to let him remember something, something he had buried long ago. Still, bewilderment and perplexity etched his face.

~~~~~~~