Twenty-One: Third Party

"I-I..." Jungkook stuttered as he struggled to create any reason to cover up why he's here.

Jimin wanted to avoid this, to at least give them space as they settle this. But he couldn't walk, and after much convincing with himself, he remembers everything was his fault.

"What, Jungkookie. Cat got your tongue?" Taehyung countered, sass and sadness lacing his voice.

"I..." His gaze directed to Jimin hiding himself under the covers as he felt uncomfortable. "Can we just talk about this in private?"

"Fine." Taehyung crossed his arms and turned to face Jimin. "Jimin, can you get out and give us privacy? Oh wait." He turned to Jungkook and started raising his voice. "He can't walk because you fucked him senseless."

"Taehyung please calm down." Jungkook approached Taehyung as he stretched his arms out to reach for Taehyung but the older backed away to avoid the touch.

"Calm down, Jeon Jungkook? You expect me to calm down after I found out what you have been doing behind my back. After I found out what plans you were planning just to have Jimin all to yourself?" Taehyung backed that he was now standing beside the bed that Jimin was hanging his head low.

Jimin should be happy, right? Two handsome guys fighting over him. But he couldn't shake the feeling that he is slowly breaking a relationship. He couldn't avoid feeling guilty that he was the cause of their problems. If he was not the root, he knew he contributed a lot to this problem. But who was really at fault?

"Oh please." Jungkook scoffed as anger started to boil on his blood. "You started this game, Taehyung. You think I didn't hear you telling him that you loved him but you couldn't have him because of me?"

"AND DO YOU THINK I ALSO DIDN'T HEAR YOU TELL HIM THE SAME THING?" Taehyung screamed on the top of his lungs as he tried to calm his breathing while Jungkook was left there frozen.

"Yes, Jeon Jungkook. I heard you that time when Jimin confessed, and you confessed too." Taehyung was struggling to breathe properly and he clutched his chest. "But I hid it, because you know what, I still love you that I was willing to get hurt just so I won't lose you. Call me a martyr, whatever, but I know what I wanted and I know what I felt. That is until I remembered Jimin."

Taehyung turned his head to look at Jimin's eyes. Jimin flinched hearing them argue before him, and as he met Taehyung's glistening eyes, he was now sure that he was the one to blame for this downfall.

"I remembered the feeling of true love. I remembered what it was like to be loved. That was something I hid from you, Jungkook, when we started being best friends. I knew what you felt for Jimin and I had to suffer every night thinking that you would never feel for me, the way you feel for Jimin. And for once, when I remembered that somebody loved me, I couldn't help but to feel special. I hid that emotion for so long and I was ecstatic to feel again." Taehyung explained while stroking Jimin's hair in between his sentence while the smaller boy just stared at his lap.

"But you had me that time." Jungkook yelled. "I loved you during the time you remembered, but you still chose Jimin? I don't know anymore."

"Because I told you, I heard what you said before Jimin left. And somehow, I know that you would always choose him over me. He's perfect and I'm not." Taehyung's tears started to fall.

"Taehyung, p-please don't say that." Jimin held Taehyung's hand that was placed beside him.

"I was always the second option. If only Jimin didn't do or say anything stupid that day on the roof, you would be together right now and I would be left hurting....but all those years I started to accept that. That I wouldn't be loved by anyone at all. But that feeling that returned gave me hope, as soon as I remembered you, Jimin."

"Taehyung." Jimin held Taehyung's hands tightly as tears fell from his eyes.

"See, this is all on you, Kim Taehyung." Jungkook spoke up. "You knew I was there all along. Yes, I might have confessed my true feelings that time, but I still chose you. I loved Jimin that time, but I chose to stay with you. You should have took that as a sign that I would always choose you."

"You can't blame me for feeling that way Jungkook. I have tattooed things on my mind, starting the day Jimin left me, I knew no one else would ever love me. Even when I was crushing on you, I started to move on. I even had to fake my boyfriend just so you wouldn't feel bad about leaving our friendship for Jimin. And when you kissed me, that gave me hope that was not there before. And the time that you confessed, I still had my doubts. That I wouldn't be what you want me to be. I would never fit like Jimin." Taehyung cried.

"Taehyung, I am so sorry for leaving you but--"

"Shhh. Jimin, I forgive you already." Taehyung wiped his tears with the back of his hand and he cleared his throat. "Clearly, you love each other and I was always a rebound for the both of you."

"Taebear, no." Jimin sniffed.

"Stop calling me that, Jimin. It still hurts, the way you left me. But it's all in the past now." Taehyung ruffled Jimin's hair as he tried to fake a smile to hide his true feelings inside.

"It has always been the both of you." Taehyung blurted, feeling his heart stop, drop and crash after saying that. He reached for Jungkook's hand and pulled him closer as he grabbed Jimin's and make them hold each other's hands.  "It has always been your relationship, and I was stupid to think that I could ever find mine."

Jungkook was left speechless while he stared at Jimin as they met gazes.

"Thank you, Kook. For the little time that we were together, I felt alive again. But I'm sorry for causing you trouble, too." He smiled as tears continued to cascade down his face. "And Jimin, I have always loved you. I'm sorry for coming in between and having Jungkook for myself when I knew he loved you."

Jimin was in tears and he muffled his sobs as he brought the covers up to his mouth. Jungkook stood there guilty and embarrassed. Jungkook was confused, too. Hearing Taehyung's confession made him more confused than ever.

Taehyung neared the bedroom door as he took one last glance to the two boys holding hands. Faking a smile, he walked out. Closing the door to Jimin's apartment, he fell to the floor crying and he muffled the sounds while covering his mouth.

He started walking out, still crying. He didn't care if people give him stares, he just wanted to get rid of this painful feeling. He didn't know how he got here, but here he stood outside the same restaurant that Jungkook took him to. He entered and all attention went to him, he made his way to a nearby table and cried more.

"It's alright." He heard from behind as he felt someone touching his back. He looked up to see the waiter from before, Hoseok.

~~~~~~~~~

VHope? Hmmm.

Thanks for 1k too.