Finding Zevon

"You four," Fairy Godmother said to Mal, Jay, Carlos, and Evie, "Come to my office at 8:00 sharp." The four villian kids nodded at her and Fairy Godmother shooed everyone else out of the hallways back to their rooms. "Jay?" Mal asked very quietly when she knew Carlos and Evie were asleep. "Baby Dragon?" He said looking at her. "Can you help me find Zevon?" "Of course Mal. I wouldn't dream of not helping you. What are we going to do? Bust him outta jail just like we did on the Isle?" Jay teased. "No. Magic." Mal whispered. "We have to find him first." "I know." "How about tomorrow we'll talk more about this at breakfast?" Jay asked feeling himself growing tired. "Okay." Mal said and she once again rested her head against his collarbone and fell asleep listening to his breathing. 

The next morning Jay shifted in his sleep which caused Mal to stir. She blinked her eyes open and Jay looked down at her as she looked up at him. "I'm sorry Baby Dragon. I didn't mean to wake you up." "It's okay. Do you care if I take a shower here instead of my room. I don't want to go out into the hallway unless I really have to." Mal said quietly. "Go ahead. I'll ask Evie to go get your stuff." "Thanks." Mal said and waited by the bathroom door for Evie to get her stuff. Evie brought her the things and she hugged Mal. Mal hugged her back and she slipped into the bathroom. There came a knock on the door and Carlos answered it. "Hi Ben. Hi Audrey. What can I do for you?" Carlos asked. "Where's Mal?" Ben asked. "Taking a shower." Jay said stepping in front of the bathroom door. "What are you? Her watchdog?" Audrey asked. "Something like like." Jay said smirking. 

Just as Audrey was about to fire something back at him, a crash sounded in the bathroom. Jay looked to Evie and Evie quickly went into the bathroom. "Mal!" Evie shouted when she saw her. Mal had her head in her hands and Evie saw shattered glass all around her and stuck in her arms and legs. She was bleeding all over the place and Evie looked at the other pieces of glass that had shattered. It was the glass tray that held Carlos and Jay's two glass cups to help with their teeth in the mornings and nights. Mal peeked through her hands at Evie and Evie saw she was crying all over again. "Jay! Carlos!" Evie yelled and a moment later the two boys came into the bathroom. "Mal!" They both cried seeing her. That made Mal cry harder and Evie stroked her hair telling her it was fine. Carlos and Evie cleaned up all the glass while Jay sat next to her on the floor. "What happened?" He asked her. "I saw him. He was right in the mirror and then he appeared next to me. He took my hand, and he said he was grateful to see me. He told me he loves me and that he'll never leave me again. Then my mom and her two henchmen showed up and he ran again. My mom got me and started to choke me and then I heard evil laughing and a crash. I see myself covered in blood surrounded by Evie and bits of broken glass." 

"I swear we'll find him Mal." Jay said and he gently took hold of her hand, making sure he wasn't hurting her. She nodded and stayed silent. Ben and Audrey came to the door and Ben turned to Audrey. "Go get Fairy Godmother." "Why should I? Mal hasn't done anything nice for me." Audrey said. "She saved your life from Maleficent." "Fine." Audrey said and she stalked off to find Fairy Godmother. She knocked on the door and entered when Fairy Godmother answered. "Excuse me, but there has been an accident in Jay's room involving lots of shattered glass and blood. Ben asked me to come get you and bring you to Jay's room." Fairy Godmother nodded. She followed Audrey to Jay's room and she glided over to the bathroom where Mal still had a blank look on her face while Jay gently held her hand. Jay had told Mal to squeeze his hand when she felt pain. "I'll break your hand." She had replied. Jay laughed and said he didn't care. 

Fairy Godmother asked Ben what happened. "I don't know." Ben admitted. "Mal dear, what happened?" She asked kneeling down in front of Mal. Mal didn't answer and she curled into Jay, gritting her teeth in pain when she made contact with him. "I think Mal needs a docter." Evie said sitting on Mal's other side. Fairy Godmother nodded and Beast and Belle joined the little party along with Audrey's family. "Belle, please call the hospital. Mal needs immediate medical attention that our care can't provide." Fairy Godmother informed Belle. Belle nodded and left the room. Mal didn't hear the voices. All she heard was one thing. She heard a voice in the back of her head that was crying for help. 

"Mal? Mal? Mal?" She heard someone say. She wanted to answer but she couldn't see any of the people that were calling out to her. Instead, she saw a run down building with the brick crumbling and bars on the window. She saw hands reaching out from each of the barred windows and the only window without hands reaching out, was the one Mal was drawn to. She felt herself drift towards it and she saw inside it. Inside the room was a skinny, pale, sickly, boy. He had black hair with black leather covering every inch of his body. "MAL! MAL!" He was screaming at the top of his lungs and Mal wanted to reach out to Zevon. She missed her older brother and everything about him, his chilling, icy, blue, eyes, his care towards her, his protection, his teachings towards her, and most of all, his big heart. He didn't know how to fully love, but Mal knew she could help him. She reached out to him to touch his face but her arms stung. "Mal? Mal? Don't leave! Help me! MAL! MAL!" Zevon yelled as Mal jerked back to reality. "Mal?" Jay asked softly tilting her chin to look up at him. She was under the sink for some reason and she looked around confused. 

"Did you find something out?" Jay asked and Mal slowly nodded. "I know what building he's in. I saw it. He looks so sick. Jay, I got to find him. I can't leave him behind!"