I Love You

"Mal?" Jay called to her again and Mal looked up at him. "JAY! Oh thank god I thought you were dead!" Mal said and she struggled to move. "I thought the same with you!" Jay said and he came closer. "Are you sure you're alive?" "What am I? Dead?" She asked. "Of course I'm alive! Thanks to Zevon, Fairy Godmother, and my mom!" Mal said and she let Jay's arms wrap around her and pull her up onto his lap. 

She nuzzled her nose into his neck and he whispered. "I Love You." He wrapped his arms around her, nestling her closer to him, and before she could do anything, he planted his lips on Mal's, and she almost immediatly pressed hers back against him, challenging him. She pushed him so he lay flat on the roof, and Jay held her back. "Mal, we're on a roof." He said. "That never bothered you before." Mal said smirking. Jay kissed her again, and he moved so she was pressed against the roof. Mal wrapped her arms around his head to pull him closer to her.

"Why did you do this in the first place anyways?" Jay asked? "I thought if I didn't have a chance to live, I'd spare my brother's since he died for me unfairly." Mal whispered. "Shh. Don't cry." Jay said to her and he wiped her tears away gently. "I don't want you to die." Jay said. "I don't want that either." Mal said and she surged foreward and captured Jay's lips with hers once again. Jay's hand ran down her back and pulled her close once again, so she was settled in his lap. Mal rested her head against his shoulder. "Mal, please don't die." Jay said and kissed her head softly. "I won't." She said and her eyes closed and she fell into slumber. 

That night as Mal and Jay were on the roof, something happened. Jay was flat on his back on the flat part of the roof, with Mal asleep on her stomach on his chest. Jay was about to fall asleep himself, but right before his eyes snapped shut, a burst of color grabbed his attention;Fireworks. Mal didn't wake up on the noise, but as they got more colorful and turned into different designs, he shook her awake and her eyes fluttered. Mal's mouth dropped open when she saw the fireworks, and then a smile took place of the shock. 

They watched the fireworks for a few minutes, and Mal put her arms around Jay's shoulders and pressed her cheek against his collarbone. "I love you Mal." Jay said into her hair. "I love you Jay." Mal said and Jay tipped her chin up to meet his lips again. Mal returned the kiss and Jay ran his hand through her hair. The Fireworks kept sounding and Mal and Jay didn't let up until morning when Carlos, Evie, and Zevon joined them on the roof. Mal was asleep again with her head pressed against his chest and her arms wrapped around his chest as well. 

"Thank god you two aren't dead!" Evie cried. "Shh Evie. You'll wake Mal." Jay said and Zevon came to sit next to them. "So Mal sacrifed her life for mine huh?" He asked. "She did, but you three saved her, and I can't be more grateful. The girl I always loved, is now mine, and I can't be more greatful to have her in my arms again." "You deserve my sister's love Jay. I've seen how much you care for her, and love her, and she truely does love you. Jay, I'm thankful towards you too. You saved Mal from dying even when I wasn't living. You saved her in more ways than I could." "That's because you were dead at the time." Jay pointed out. "Fair Enough." Zevon said. 

"But anyways, Jay, whatever you do, just please don't break her heart into bits like that Ben did." "I promise I won't Zevon. I love Mal, and there's no way I'm going to let her go."