💚02💚

After class, Mukuro seemed a bit tired. Junko hadn't shown up, and I could tell from the look on her face that she was worried.

"S-so, what do you do when Junko isn't around?" I finally manage to ask. I don't want her to be upset, but I don't want to be rude either and it's all just really confusing to me but she seems really lonely and I want to get to know her so I--- missed what she said. I guess I got distracted.

"I'm sorry," I frown. "Can you repeat that?"

"Repeat what?" Mukuro loured. "I asked what you meant."

"W-well," I begin, making hand gestures in the air as if they would somehow mean anything to her.

She looks away from me like I'm a crazy person! Maybe I am...

"When Junko's not here, I wait for her to get back," Mukuro answers solemnly. "That's about it."

"But, that's not fair," I frown, trying to get her to look me in my eyes again. "What do you do?"

Mukuro rolls her eyes. "I get it, I'm not an interesting person, so if you're looking for a conversation with me, then just leave me alone."

"No!" I yell. Does that really sound like what I'm saying? "I don't want to leave you here alone, that's why I'm trying to make sure you're going to be okay if I leave!"

She squints her eyes. I know I've probably butchered the sentence somewhere.

"Alright," Mukuro sighs. She seems pretty indecisive about what she wants to say to me, but she finally just says, "I would appreciate it if you stayed."

I don't know what she means anymore. I wish I could understand.