💜03💜

So there I was, watching this little brat waddle around me, following me like some lost puppy, and I couldn't even make up my mind on whether or not I wanted her gone.

Most people leave me after I turn them away. I think the only person who's insisted on talking to me was Aoi, and even then, Sakura told her it was a lost cause, that I was a lost cause.

So I'm waiting for her to get tired of me, waiting, waiting, waiting, and all of a sudden she opens her mouth again.

"I'm sorry if I'm annoying you," she whispers. "I'm just... I want to be friends with you."

"Why?" I ask. But I don't need an answer. It's fairly obvious. "You're doing this out of pity, right?"

"U-umm... No..." she mumbles. She's saying yes, I can hear it in her voice.

"You are." I can feel myself whine. Why am I getting emotional? I think I'm gonna be sick. She thinks she's fooling me, but she's not. And yet...

"I think you deserve a friend," Chihiro asserts, as if she had a sudden burst of confidence. "And I don't think it's fair that you're only ever around your sister. She has plenty of other friends."

"So you're saying that I'm not worth anything to her?"

"No!" Chihiro yells, her legs beginning to shake. "That's not what I'm saying, please don't think that!"

But I'm not worth anything to Junko. I never have been. Where I should be crying after this girl said such an awful thing, I actually feel myself start to laugh. It's a given that she'd be just fine without me.

"Thanks," I shrug. She begins to calm down. "Fujisaki, right?"

Chihiro nods.

"I'll see you around," I laugh. I probably won't. I'll probably actively avoid her instead.

"I hope so, too." Chihiro whispers.