💚06💚

Did Sakura come by already?

Just what did Usami put in that message?

I think when I actually made it to the door, my stomach filled up with butterflies. Mukuro had actually come back!

"Sorry," Mukuro says nervously. "I guess I really do need a friend. I hope you'll excuse my behaviour earlier."

"It's fine!" I say. Except, it's not that fine. My room's still a mess. What if she begins to feel claustrophobic with my things scattered allover the floor? "I would have... prepared... if I knew you were coming."

"No problem," Mukuro says flatly, walking around my desk. "I think your setup is pretty nice."

Maybe she doesn't see the things scattered on the floor?

"Hm." Mukuro exhales, collapsing onto my bed. "You have a decent number of pillows. Do you not wake up with them spread out allover the floor?"

"I don't really sleep," I laugh nervously. I can tell from her smile that she thinks I'm joking, perhaps making a comment in relation to the pillows.

"Anyways, I can't thank you enough for your kindness," Mukuro nods, a light blush covering her cheeks. "I want to be friends, I'm just not sure it would work..."

"Oh," I sigh, folding the tips of my skirt anxiously. "You're... I understand."

She frowns. "I'm guessing that means you don't want to be friends?"

What?! "Of course I do! I just thought you were sa–"

"It's fine," Mukuro shrugs. It's clear that it isn't fine. After a few minutes of awkward silence, she sits up on her bed and reaches into her bag. "Anyway, I came to return this to you."

She holds out a bright pink fountain pen and waits for me to take it, but it isn't mine. "I'm sorry, Mukuro... That's not for me."

"Really?" Mukuro blushes, sliding it back into her bag. "I could have sworn I saw you drop it."

"I don't own one of those."

"A-alright," Mukuro apologizes. "Well, I hope the rest of your day goes well, Fujisaki."

My bed reeks of heavy perfume that I had never imagined Mukuro wearing.