💜13💜

I woke up in the middle of Chihiro whispering my name, yelling it, but not quite loud enough.

"What?" I groaned, rolling over in my sleeping bag.

"We're going to be late!" Chihiro pleaded. "Class starts in 10 minutes..."

Shit. Junko was probably going to disown me the minute she saw me. She probably already did disown me. Not that I hadn't deserved it.

"Right, I'll go get ready."

I knew that Chihiro was waiting by the door for me to finish, and I didn't want.... him... to wait too long. At the same time, I needed an excuse.

Good morning, Kyoko. As far as Junko's concerned, we had a sleepover last night.

what

I'm going to say I was with you last night, so if Junko asks, can you go along with it?

Why would I even consider doing that. No.

Please? I really need this

I guess. Sure. I don't know.

Thank you so much!!

okay,,,

Now that that was out of the way, I knew Chihiro would be waiting so I quickly changed into my day clothes and joined him in the hallway.

"That was really close," he sighed. "I had a lot of difficulty waking you up..."

"You're not loud enough."

"I really did try, you know..."

I followed Chihiro to class, but before I could enter the classroom, someone tapped on my shoulder. I jolted away, my impulses telling me to pull out my pocketknife, but it was just Junko.

"Oh, good morning, Junko."

"Where were you last night," she sobbed. "I had a nightmare and you weren't there to protect me..."

"I was at Kyoko's, actually," I lied. "I should have told you, but..."

Junko sighed. "Were you upset that I made you cut ties with Fujisaki?"

"A little," I admitted. "But it's for the best. I can't afford to be around someone like her."

I didn't want to call him weak, but at the same time, it wouldn't have been wrong to. He spent all his time coding and talking to Artificial Intelligence. He dressed like a girl for no reason. He hung around that biker kid that shit his pants when I pulled a gun on him. Chihiro was, by definition, a fucking weakling.

And she was right. It was best not to become attached to a boy that wouldn't survive Junko's killing game. I'd have to say goodbye anyway. I'd leave the game without him.

"Junko, can we...." I choked on my words as she stared attentively into my eyes. "Can we..."

Junko gestured for me to hurry up. "Can we... what?"

"Do you think," I sighed, "that we could..."

"Out with it!" Junko snapped. "You're using up all my patience!"

"Can we postpone the killing games?!"