💚12💚

"It's not that bad," Mukuro muttered, setting her bag on the floor.

"Mukuro," I hesitated to ask. "Why did you bring a... why did you bring extra clothes?"

Mukuro shrugged, looking away as if her avoiding eye contact with me would stop the line of questioning completely.

"U-um, right," I smiled nervously, rushing over to make my bed. "M-make yourself at home."

"I'm wondering."

I finished flattening my covers. "Wondering what?"

She looked pretty deep in thought, but her expression seemed mischevious in nature. "Could you hug me again?"

"O-of course!" I nodded. I walked over to her and she hugged me tightly. It was getting kinda hard to breathe, but at least it wasn't as bad as when Ōgami would hug me!

"Fujisaki," Mukuro smiled, hugging me even tighter. "Chihiro Fujisaki..."

"T-that's my name!" I smile awkwardly. This was awkward. Super awkward.

"You're a boy." Mukuro smirked.

I backed away from her, my heart pounding way too fast. "W-what do you mean?"

"You're a male, isn't that correct?"

"No!" I frowned. "Are you?"

"Well, no, but what I'm gathering is..."

She paused for a moment and then sighed in defeat. "Wait, that doesn't make much sense. Never mind. Forget I even brought it up."

I'll try...?

Mukuro pulled a small sleeping bag out of her backpack. "In any case, would you mind if I stayed the night?"

"...Y-yeah..."

Mukuro looked sad. "Oh, I see... My apologies."

"What do you mean?"

"You just said you would mind..."

"W-wait--! I don't mind!" I hated the Do You Mind question because it felt like something someone would answer yes to, and since I forgot the initial meaning, I would always be that someone. "You're welcome to stay... if you'd like..."

She set out her sleeping bag, and I felt a bit nervous. In all of Hope's Peak Academy, no one but Mondo, Taka, Chiaki and Ms. Kyoko knew my secret. (Kyoko being the daughter of the school's principal, of course).

Mondo already knew what was going on-- and in case my thoughts weren't coherent enough-- that thing... that thing would be that I was...

Very secretly, very privately, very very sincerely and slightly obviously...

Kinda madly...

In love with--

"M-mukuro!" I shouted, running over to stop her from setting out her sleeping bag. "Not there! Y-you'll block the entrance to the bathroom--!"

"Oh," Mukuro nodded, pulling it closer to my bed. "My apologies, Fujisaki."

"Please, y-you can just call me Chihiro-!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah...!"

Mondo, being my best friend, told me specifically not to tell Mukuro that I was a boy. With reason, of course, Mukuro would do whatever Junko asked of her and if Junko knew my secret--

Game over for me! Good-bye, good riddance, everyone bids Chihiro, the-SHSL-weakest-boy-alive, adieu!

Mukuro places a hand on my forehead. "Chihiro, is something wrong?"

"N-No!" I cry, pushing her hand away. "I-I'm just--- not usually used to having people over. I apologize if I bore you."

"I can keep myself occupied."

Mukuro pulls out a book and starts reading silently. Animal Farm by George Orwell. Sounded like a wholesome read for the Ultimate Soldier.

Damn it, damn it-- darn it? No, damn it! This situation calls for the use of profanity. DAMN! IT!

"Mukuro!" I shout, my legs already beginning to shake. "Mukuro, you're right, I-I'm....."

"It's not that big of a deal," Mukuro shrugs. "No one actually cares."

What? If nobody cared, why was I still wearing a sk-- oh wait, other people caring wasn't the--- was it the issue? I wanted to say something else, but I wasn't sure what I could say.

"These fuckin' animals just sat and watched while their only hope died right in front of them?" Mukuro slams her book shut. "No wonder Sis' is such a damn commie."

She looks up at me with a flat expression on her face.

"Oh-- you were... talking to the book..."

"No," Mukuro sighs. "I was talking to you. No one cares. Good night."

Good night, I guess.