💚18💚

The cruise was filled with a lot of pretty stores and cafés, but Mukuro went straight to bed, so I stayed there and took a nap myself.

Around, maybe... 1800, Mukuro was sitting on the couch and watching some game show. She sighed in relief when I woke up, and I began to wonder if she even remember that she was the one who fell asleep in the first place.

"Fujisaki," she whispers, "I couldn't really sleep..."

"Y-you can call me Chihiro," I whisper. I then quickly overwrite the comment when she didn't react to it. "What's wrong?"

Mukuro checks her phone before setting it back down and sighing in defeat. "Chihiro, I kept waiting for Junko to call me, asking for me to come home, but... well..."

"I'm sure she'll get around to it..."

Mukuro hugs her pillow. "No, no, she won't, she must hate me right now..."

"I'm sure she doesn't!" I squeak, god my annoying voice, and I knew everything I was saying was going in one ear and out the other.

"She hates me..." Mukuro repeats to herself. "Hates me, hates me, hates me..."

Junko was a bad person, but she had to have some redeeming qualities. Everyone did. "Maybe Junko is only.... temporarily mad at you?"

"Hates, hates, hates, hates," Mukuro yelps, hiding her face in her pillow. "I'm the worst, I'm the worst, I'm the worst, I'm the worst."

"Um... H-hey..."

"Awful, awful, disgusting, horrible--"

"M-Muku--"

"Hideous, nauseating, revolting, vile--"

"Y-your military bearing, p-please!"

Mukuro sits up quickly. Her face is red from crying, but somehow, she manages to keep a calm expression and stance.

"E-eeh, sorry," I quiver. "U-um, Mukuro, if Junko is mad at you, she probably needs space, and that's good for both of us because... um, do you see the view outside?"

Mukuro turns her head to face the window. The sky was bright blue and the sea was calm and endless. She leans over near the windowsill in awe.

"Isn't it... um... lovely?" I smile nervously. (After all, she had still pulled a knife on me a few days ago).

"Considering the speed this boat is going," Mukuro grins, "If someone fell out, they'd probably be dead by the time anyone was able to get to them."

"R-right," I nod, "So be... careful."

"Be careful?" Mukuro tilts her head. "Why?"

Was she serious? "D-don't fall off of the boat! That's what's important!"

"Geez," Mukuro laughs. "Maybe you should've taken Hina instead."

"Hina couldn't catch up to the boat in time either!!!"