💜17💜

For spring break, I didn't have any plans but to figure out how to cause the end of the world with Junko. I wasn't excited to do that, but I needed her love, so I needed to support her.

I told Junko that I would be going on a cruise instead. I apologized for being so stupid and choosing to involve myself with Fujisaki and I told her that I'd go on a cruise and never come back until I learned from my mistakes, but she's smarter than that, she knew I wouldn't learn anything and that I'd just come crawling back to her in a few days.

Nonetheless, there I was, driving with Fujisaki to the port, just two kids getting on a cruise with whatever money Junko was willing to sacrifice and whatever money Fujisaki could get from his mother.

"She's an inventor," Fujisaki explained. "And, my father is a programmer. I think you can see why I ended up such a shut-in."

"You mean, why you ended up being intelligent and creative?"

"No," he shook his head. "I'm just a run-of-the-mill programmer... if run-of-the-mill involves involuntary transvestism, that is..."

"I'm not sure what you mean, but you're not run of the mill at all. I mean, Usami..."

"The rest of the world is on realistic, human-passing AI, and I made a bunny rabbit that talks and sings and keeps a list of things to remind you of."

"Those aren't that widespread, and usually involve an entire team of engineers and programmers."

Fujisaki seemed to ignore what I had to say. "What I meant is, I don't really like wearing these clothes, but if people knew I was a boy, what would happen to me?"

"Nothing will happen to you," I sighed. "You're too nice to get into a fight with anyone. Worst case scenario, start wearing boy clothes and say that you're a tomboy. Those exist, you know?"

"Maybe," Fujisaki shrugged, pulling at his skirt with frustration. "I guess I could try and do that, but..."

"Why not wear T-shirts and jeans?"

He rolled his eyes. "Mukuro, if I wore jeans-- T-they'd know..."

"Oh, right," I shuddered. "What about shorts?"

"No, you don't understand..." he winced. "If boys get excited, sometimes they..."

"Gotcha," I replied.

When Junko gave me the money, I made sure to put it on my own card, one she wouldn't know about, so she wouldn't void it while I wasn't looking. Fujisaki, however, just happened to be carrying the credit card his father used.

"He... doesn't leave the house often," he sighed. "Still, he's pretty impressive... I just..."

"Just what?"

"Wish he would talk to me more often, that's all."

Part of me could understand how he felt, the way I wanted Junko's attention-- but, I knew I was alone in this feeling. Fujisaki's father was a good father. He probably didn't torture him, experiment on him, degrade and humiliate him...

"Mukuro, are you alright?" he asked, causing me to notice the tears on my face.

"No," I sighed. "Honestly, I'm not."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm fine." The knot around my heart tightened. Military bearing, I thought. Military bearing.

Tears hurt to swallow. Tears made it hard to see what was around me.

"U-um, I can take over if you want..." Fujisaki offered. "I don't think it's safe for you to be driving..."

"R-right, sorry."