13

Things all happened extraordinarily fast. Dean took one, disgusted look at Cole behind me and lunged forward to attempt to grab him.

My brain immediately switched from human to wolf and I slammed into Dean with all my muscled weight. My jaws locked around his arm and I shook, growls erupting from the back of my throat.

Dean screamed and in the next second electricity was zapping through my body and paralyzing me.

"Dean, why the fuck can you never do anything yourself?" Claire's voice said from behind me.

I heard her feet pad around me and soon could see them, her toes all manicured and pretty. I wanted to bite them all off.

"Get the boy!" she snapped and I felt her eyes burning down on me. "As for it, well, we'll have to move it."

Dean's heavy footfalls were felt through the carpeting and I winced, preparing for a blow, but he simply stepped over me and hauled a squirming, yelling Cole up.

"Stop it! You don't have any right to treat Rori this way!"

"This," Dean flung his shoe into my ribcage eliciting a yelp out of my muzzle. "isn't Rori, boy, it's a monster."

With that he tugged a struggling Cole away leaving me with Claire. "Now then, thing, it's time to move you, but first..."

Another horrid ripple of electricity slammed through me as though she thought I'd change back because of it. She snorted as she walked away and came back minutes later with ropes that she tied around my ankles and secured around my muzzle.

Once she was finished, she stepped back and admired her handiwork. Her lip curled in disgust as she met my wolf eyes and she shook her head, a horrid laugh escaping her lips.

"I never thought it would happen. Dean tried to tell me...but I just didn't think Rori could be like them. I had hoped.. oh, I had hoped."

She stopped speaking then and gripped my back legs. I couldn't move yet and so I was powerless as she drug me back through the kitchen.

My eyes darted around to see that the normally clean house was an absolute disaster and I could hear Cole, shouting and banging on a door for Dean to let him out. However, Dean was suddenly behind Claire and took my ankles from her.

"Get the basement door," he mumbled and I felt myself turn ice cold. The basement? There was no way I could escape, no telling how long I'd be stuck in this wolf body with them thinking Rori was dead and the wolf that was really me was...a monster.

I wanted desperately to thrash around, to do anything to escape, but all I could do was lie, paralyzed. I was subject to listen to Dean's grunts of exertion, Claire's chaotic breathing, Cole's shouts and bangs and then the dreaded click of a door being opened.

My eyes tugged towards the sound, but I could still see nothing. I knew though that I was about to be plunged into darkness and hard concrete with bugs for company and nothing for food.

My stomach squeezed at the thought of food. I was starving and now I would probably die of hunger and thirst down in this chasm.

I let out a growl as Dean began to drag me down the stairs.

Thud! Thud! Thud!

My body smacked against the hard wood steps with bruising force and Dean did not give a single fuck.

"Claire, where do you want this?"

"String it up. Maybe we can beat it back into..." she trailed off, unable to come to terms with the fact I was the wolf, that Rori lived within.