30

Lorette High.

I had finally agreed to school and now I stood, staring at the building from the school's parking lot rather than being dropped off by asshole foster parents who didn't give a shit. Somehow I felt ten times better about being here and prehaps it was because I could hear what everyone said now, or maybe it was Luke's training and I didn't feel so weak, but mostly, I thought as I gazed up at a curly haired Roman, it was the feeling of a hand laced with mine comfortably.

Roman had briefed me and I now knew that my suspicions were correct, Jason did know about Lupus, but I wasn't willing to discuss things with him just because of that. Something told me he'd know soon emough, but for now I'd tell him the same thing I'd tell Bree. I wasn't sure what I'd say about Roman and I, but I'd think of something. As far as Claire and Dean...well, I wasn't sure what to think or tell. I knew that someone who worked to cover up supernatural incidents in our society had fixed the patio door and everything, even disposing of Dean's body so it looked normal. During my time with Sarah and Holden, somehow that had come up and they had told me not to worry because of that. I decided not to say a word until either Jace or Bree brought it up, that way I had time to consider what I'd say.

Whispers erupted around Roman and I the very second our feet touched the tiled floor of the commons. It seemed everyone murmured about my disappearance and how it seemed odd that I returned holding Roman's hand when before I'd left there had been almost nothing between us. I was going to release Roman's hand in annoyance and fear of there whispers, but he only gripped my hand tighter and leaned down to my ear.

"Don't let them bother you, Rori. You're with me now, you're a Lupus, you have nothing to fear, especially from people with nothing arming them, but spiteful words," he whispered sternly.

His words got to me though and I forced my head up high and my hand to grip his more firmly. He was right and I'd been so sick of all the bullying that it was time for it to cease completely. It was a huge change from when I used to slink through the crowds and fear their accusing stares and somehow that fuelled me even more to keep going.

We'd managed to get to a table that was clear, away from the standing crowds in the commons when suddenly I was jumped upon and nearly tackled to the ground. A growl immediately wanted to worm it's way out of my throat as my more instinctual side looked at the person jumping on me as a threat, but I used quite a bit of restraint keeping it away and forced myself to recognize who just had nearly brought the wolf out of me.

The scent of peppermint gum filled my nose mixed with a lavender auroma that I concluded came from shower shampoos. I turned my head slightly at the thing that clung to my neck and spotted curly red hair that could only belong to my closest friend-- Bree.

"You're back! I can't believe you're finally back! I went over to your house and Claire and Dean said you were sick with the flu.. god, that was some bad flu, eh?" she exclaimed, still squeezing me.

"Oh, you have no idea," I chuckled, watching Roman nervously. He gave me a small smile, but said nothing.

It was then that Bree sat up and glared at the both of us. "So, I'm guessing you two figured things out, since you're parading around with your hands glued together?"

I blushed and Roman glanced to the floor, coughing. Bree sighed dramatically and tossed her red hair over one shoulder. "Oh, come off it. I knew you'd get together anyways, besides I'm happy for you."

I grinned as she squealed at me. My ears picked up on other footsteps and I spotted Jason approaching with Winter practically stitched into his side. His eyes were tight and strained as he kept flickering his eyes from Winter clutching him to Roman and then to me.