29

Roman

I flopped into bed, nervous about the next day. Rori and I were going to go back to school, well it was more for Rori's sake than mine. But that wasn't the only thing keeping me awake, oh no, definitely not. It was Rori herself and what had happened over these past three days.

For two days I'd been miserable, for two days I'd forced myself away from her to give her time, for two fucking days I shoved Eva and Aurora away, Winter had stayed away because of Jason for once. I'd told Yorik and Annalise of their daughter clinging to me soon after she'd tried something so I could prove her scent was on me. They growled at first, accusing me of doing something to her, but I didn't waver and even brought up the day she'd flirted with me in front of Annalise. They gave in and called their daughter down soon after I left to go mope some more.

I didn't sleep much those few days and that last day I'd slept almost zilch as the next day rose. I hadn't bothered with changing out of my previous shirt the night before and had merely slapped on pajama pants, then that morning I crawled out of bed much the same way. I applied deodorant and that was all as I stumbled my way downstairs. The pack was in the kitchen, though as I scoured the crowd, I seen Rori was not.

Sarah had taken one look at me and got up to push me into a stool and fixed me a cup of hot tea, murmuring that Rori would come around. However, I didn't believe it much. I felt horrid, looked horrid and I now thought horrid things too like Rori never returning even though she said she'd never leave, that she just wanted time.

However when she'd startled me and told me she wanted to try I hadn't been able to believe it at first and when she wasn't running or showing any sense of lying, I couldn't hold back my joy at the fact she really wanted to try anymore. I'd asked to kiss her and she had agreed so easily. And that kiss, oh that kiss.

It was everything I'd wanted for a first kiss and more. Her lips were so soft, she tasted of honey and all things sweet, she felt so right in my arms and when I'd set her on that counter and settled myself between her warm thighs I knew that we fit together very well. My whole body couldn't help responding to hers against mine and I'd soon wanted to do so more much than kiss her lips, I wanted her completely, her skin brushing mine in the most erotic way.

When Yorik had caught us it had been for the best and I found it amusing, mostly because Rori was so embarrassed of something I found so amazing, so right and so beautiful.

I felt my pants become tight as I laid on my bed as a vision of that afternoon just before we went running ran through my head. Her naked skin shimmering in the light of the afternoon.. I knew I'd stared more than I should've, but I found her body delicious and after our heated make out session it had been so hard to look away.

I groaned, rubbing at my aching erection that begged to be relieved. I forced my thoughts to think of how Rori had taken to her first raw dinner and how it'd been so successful. I could only hope tomorrow would be just as good.

**

Rori's ashy wolf form snarled as she launched herself at my father who was almost twice her size. It was rather dark since we'd woken up before the sun rose and before school began so Rori could squeeze in a training lesson.

I had been disapproving of the day before when my father and Damion had trained with her, but she had still done rather well. Today she seemed even better in her Lupus form, more intuned with things as I watched her jaws clamp onto my father's throat and shove him down.

Apparently though small, Rori was vicious in her wolf form. I heard her release a growl as she stood above my father. I knew even though my father shoved her off roughly and snarled to begin again he was proud of her progress.

I watched for the remaining forty-five minutes as fur flied and teeth clashed while growls echoed into the air. As the training session came to an end with Rori having beaten my father rather well, they shifted back (Rori slipping behind a tree since she wasn't exactly comfortable shifting in smaller groups yet) and then clasped hands. My father grunted that Rori had done well and Rori beamed brightly.

We left to change and shower for school, sneaking a kiss in between all of that and then we were on our way to Lorette High.

I had briefed Rori on maintaining her anger, keeping herself calm and telling her that her friend, Jason, knew about us thanks to Winter and that Bree, however did not. She listened with ease and when I was about to repeat things for the third time as we parked, she leaned over and kissed me so heatedly I felt my jeans restrict my blood flow below my belt.

She obviously understood and had heard enough. I chuckled at the fire in Rori. She had grown out of that shy, bullied girl I had seen over the past three years. Apparently all she needed was a little Lupus and some love and she was out of her shell.