17

Roman

"I don't know, Claire..." Dean muttered, responding to his wife's earlier statement.

"We have to! That was the plan, dammit!" Claire shrieked, her voice making my ears ache and another rumble of a growl ripping up my throat as my legs carried me even closer to the house.

"Fine, fine.. I'll go get her," Dean murmured and I heard his footsteps move across the floor.

My heart rate picked up and my instincts screamed at me to get into the damn house before they could get to Rori.

I vaguely heard Claire speaking to Dean again and when footsteps hit the first step of those damn, creaky stairs I burst forward, completely urgent to find a way in. This wasn't happening I wouldn't let the being-- the girl I loved die today because of humans who couldn't possibly understand what a Lupus was.

As the footfalls of feet thudded into my ears with each creaky step down I had found only one way in, the living room patio door. It was made of glass and would probably injure me somewhat, but that was the very least of my problems. Rori was my main concern and as those feet stopped creaking and Dean came into view, my rage and panic completely overtook.

I backed up and flew myself into the glass, hearing the smash and tinkle of shards everywhere.

My vision was red at the thought of losing what I had chosen as mine to death. I may have lost her one way, but if she died then I'd have no chance to fix things.

My body shuddered with rage and I immediately lunged for Dean. He let out a gasp and moved his arms to shield his face, but my jaws clamped around a fleshy arm, tearing through tendons right to the bone. Dean screamed then, falling back as my weight crashed into him. My jaws clamped tighter, scraping at his bone and he screamed louder.

His screaming irritated me and the more I thought about how he and his fucking wife intended to murder the person I cherished, the more I wished he'd take his last breath. A savage growl slipped out of my throat and Dean whimpered, scraping at me with his good arm, but to no avail.

I dropped his mangled arm, the taste of blood spurring my need to kill, and my jaws sought the one that kept yanking at my throat and neck. Another scream left Rori's foster father and I ground my teeth into his bone, feeling it snap and grind to dust. He cried out in agony and I felt a twinge of satisfaction at the smell of his salty tears.

"Please, stop!" he wailed and that was the last straw. He was asking me to stop when really Rori probably had thousands of times the only way she could and he probably had screamed at her, calling her a monster.

I snarled and my teeth sought his throat, finding it with ease and ending his miserable life. By the time I truly finished he'd become a complete mangled mess and he deserved it entirely.

My ears twitched as I heard footsteps. I jerked my head in the direction they came from and watched as she appeared. Her hand fled to her mouth as her eyes became round with horror. She was about to scream when I snarled and began to stalk towards her.

Claire was next, she was to become the mangled mess her husband was and I would see to it.

She seemed frozen to the spot for a few seconds and then when I was close enough she tried to back away. Something running caught her attention though and she tried to slide past me.

Claire only manged a short ways and I was knocking her to the ground as well with vicious snarls emitting from my throat. Her blood filled my mouth as I clamped my jaws around one of her arms. She screamed and then I heard her plead, with not me, but someone behind.