39

Roman

The wall...so bland and boring and the whitest thing I'd ever seen besides the full moon itself, was the very thing I had been staring at for the past three, full hours. Three long fucking hours and still I was raging, still I wanted to rush through those damn mansion doors of Tidus' and go after that bitch Claire. I didn't care about the huge risk, I didn't care that I was bloody and wounded, I didn't care that I might die. No, the only thing I cared about was her.

Yes, Rori, the one person I had planned to make mine and well, was mine. The, once, little human that I had pretty much stalked for three years prior to this one and had loved without her even loving me. I had gave her my heart without even meaning to, I had loved her so severely that I didn't even consider that she might not love me for awhile and when I did, I prayed eventually she'd love me too. And now... I think she had. Rori had never said it, but I knew, somehow, she did and that made this so much worse. I yearned to hear those words, to complete our bond and to just fucking have her back!

"Ahhh!" I screamed, finally cracking from my inner turmoil and winding my fist back to butcher Tidus' pretty wall. Before my fist could make any contact though, another hand caught mine. A hand weathered and aged by time, a hand so like my own... my father's hand.

He clasped his hand around my fist and shoved me back. The look he wore was murderous, but I knew it wasn't for me. It was for them. The Jaecars. The very, vile human beings who took the one I loved.

They took Rori...

The thought crushed me and weighed my heart way down to my stomach again and I almost felt as though I'd collapse, reverting back to staring back at that white, white wall. But my father, Luke, stood in the way. His stern face kept me grounded and I focused on it, trying to keep calm. He didn't say anything at first, his eyes just studied me and when he found whatever it is he needed to see in me, he spoke.

"Son...you need to snap out of this. If you even think for a moment that you want to save Rori, you can not do it by blind rage alone or simply glaring at a wall and moaning over your own self pity. You need a clear head and a clear heart. I know you're afraid for her, but I also know that you won't save her if you go charging into that place alone and driven by only rage. You'll only kill yourself and probably Rori, too. So for now, snap out of it. I trained you better than this, son!" My father's voice was hard, steely and just the thing I needed to snap out of my hollow state.

He had turned away from me before I could say anything and even if I had wanted to say a word I couldn't because I finally had looked up to see the chaos that had ensued for the past three hours. I hadn't been sure why we were still at Tidus', but now it was clear; everyone was in a panic, refusing to leave in fear of the Jaecars grabbing them and Tidus himself couldn't and didn't have enough security to send them all away, even with his magic.

But we, my pack, Yorik's pack needed to get back to the house to rest and plan. I knew, deep down, I wouldn't be getting Rori back tonight even if it fucking killed me not to be able to lock her into my arms and fall asleep with her. I gritted my teeth and shook away the new wave of rage that I had for Claire and her filthy people. I was determined to begin planning and getting her out.

**

I was angry. So angry at Claire, Jason and the Jaecars that stood behind them for intruding the Annual Gathering. For wounding Lupus. And for hurting Cole because I could see in Rori's eyes that it hurt her. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears as she stared at Cole and I thought for sure she would burst, but I should've known....should've seen it coming.

I didn't though. I didn't even consider the fact that Rori would snap and lose her control. I thought she might break down, hold out an arm for Cole, demand Claire give him to her. Hell, maybe growl at her or bare her teeth in rage.. but I never thought she'd jump.

I didn't even see her move. I blinked and suddenly her hands were wrapped around Claire's neck and she was whacking her in the face with a solid fist. Rage was riddled all over her face with an immense need to kill, but suddenly a shot was fired and I watched as her hold on Claire loosened. She swayed and as she dropped to the ground I seen the blood, where she'd been shot and so did the rest of the Lupus.

All hell broke out then, Lupus lunged forward and Jaecars began shooting. Yelps were echoing and screams from the Jaecars were mingling in with the uproar. But within all the chaos I lost sight of Rori and Cole and when the dust settled, Jaecars fled and Lupus had chased them off, there wasn't a sign of the wolf I loved or her brother.

She'd been taken and I was left to release a heartbreaking scream of rage.