22

Roman

I slumped away from the porch where Sarah and the one I loved sat. I wanted nothing more than to try and make up for prying into Rori's personal life. I felt horrible.

Everything had been relatively well aside from the three, ever so annoying females: Aurora, Eva and Winter. They were all jealous, even Winter who had Jason. It was ridiculous. I was happy though that Yorik had taken care of things well and that Rori still managed to eat, I just regret trying to make her talk when she didn't want to.

I was sure Sarah would talk to her, probably even explain why there were no soul mates and even tell Rori that she was one of the last Lupus to have ever found their soul mate before Fenrir said he would not split souls anymore. And I hoped that when I returned Rori would be in a better mood.

It ruffled me that I couldn't cheer Rori up and put her in a better mood myself, but I knew we were just starting out and I had to remind myself Rori just met me.

I sighed, wandering aimlessly until I spotted the two boys; Cody and Trevor. I sauntered into the living room and watched in amusment as the two close friends, practically brothers, battled it out in an intense game of Mortal Kombat.

Cody was winning with the character he'd chosen, Smoke, and Trevor was growling about how he picked a lame character, Melina, as she was slammed into the ground again and then whacked off her feet as Cody attacked again.

"Goddammit!" Trevor roared and mashed buttons even more, not bothering with any combinations to activate Melina's moves.

Cody was laughing hysterically and I watched as Cody won, finishing off Trevor's Melina. Trevor stood, raging, and launched himself at his friend. Cody's laughter cut off immediately as Trevor began throwing punches and I shoved a fist into my mouth to keep from laughing out loud.

A growl tore through Trevor and I heard Cody yelp as Trevor's hits become more and more violent. I moved in quickly, securing Trevor and yanking him away from his slightly bleeding friend.

Trevor struggled and I groaned with the effort it took to keep him away from Cody.

"Trevor stop! It was just a fucking game!" I snarled, my skin prickling with the change, with the shift and the need to shove Trevor into his place.

Trevor stopped moving instantly and slumped, making me almost drop him.

I looked up and saw Cody's wounds and bruises had healed and he was staring at his brother in slight fear.

"You should apologize and stay away from the games for awhile, eh, Trev? Cody is almost pissing his pants," I murmured, cracking a grin.

Trevor stood, shot me a glare, but turned to Cody who wasn't looking so fearful anymore, but actually amused. Trevor rubbed a hand through his dark hair and had the decency to look embarrassed now.

"Cody, I--"

Cody held up his hand and released a soft chuckle. "It's fine, Trevor. Just don't get so sore next time."

Trevor smacked his hand out and Cody flinched though it made no contact. I laughed and soon both brothers were laughing.

I shook my head and waved as I wandered back down the hall to the porch, hearing Sarah's aged voice as she spoke of something.

I decided against telling Rori about Cody and Trevor's spat just in case she worried that Trevor or both guys were violent when they weren't with others, just themselves.

I stopped walking as I leaned against the door frame, listening to Sarah tell Rori to come back and meet her husband. Rori agreed immediately and when she turned and found me waiting for her, I swore I saw her eyes glitter with happiness.

She approached me as I watched her with caution. "Better?"

She smiled then, blinding me with her beauty again and nodded. My heart swelled knowing she'd forgiven me and I made a vow to make sure I stayed in her good graces.

We spoke to each other, her telling me she'd open up after I did and she met my pack, our pack, but I barely remembered it as my skin made contact with hers. The feeling of her soft hand in mine had me wishing I knew what all of her felt like, smelled like and tasted like. Her hand in mine had me so happy, but I wanted to know if she wanted me the way I wanted her. I wanted to know if she'd love me and become the mate I wanted.

I wanted...