10. Yes Ma'am

Charon shook Quincy's hand with the firm grip that he strived for.

Renee's parents both worked in nearby offices. Her father Reginald, lurked as a lawyer on the 35th one block east.

Quincy found conversing with them similar to an interrogation.

"On lunch?" she grilled.

"I'm finished for the day; I have an errand at the Socony-Mobil."

Charon looked over Quincy's shoulder. "Did you get lost?"

He shrank.

"It's a shame that Reggie is occupied, we could have convened at his office and get to know you better."

Quincy warped his lips, trying to look disappointed without pouting.

"Renee will be glad that you have time to get home and change." she scoffed.

Quincy was offended. He looked down at his shirt, and then discovered the splotch of ketchup that had escaped his hot dog. He turned red.

"I'm picking up a Saville-Row ensemble right now," he stated like a bragging child. He hoped that it could also explain his deviation from the delivery.

"Renee was certain that you have some business errands with a nearby jeweller."

He delicately evaded her prying, "I am really looking forward to dinner tonight."

"Best get going then," she smirked.

They parted like wary strangers in a dark alley.

Charon proceeded south towards the Socony-Mobil.

To avoid walking with her, Quincy took a few steps north as he pondered the coincidence of their brief encounter.