Wednesday

Two days after our gathering, and also two days into the break. As much as I hate it, here I am, sitting down at home. I want to look like I'm desperate. I want them to see that I'm not taking this like my life depends on it. I want to show them that I am fine. Because I am fine.

Back to that day at William's place. After Fiona went inside the house, she came back with a refill jar of juice given by William's mom. We discussed the situation all evening, help William to catch up on what we had so far, obviously not much. Mom rang me, and that's how I know I'm out late.

Thankfully William and Fiona may already break what ever kind of ice between them, I couldn't care less. We are all friends now.

I was taking it all easy, I wasn't in a rush because of one reason. I just know that the family are not moving out any sooner. I know because it's not Wednesday.

Time ticks by, day changes and for all I know today is Wednesday, you know what that means? Fetching Happy. Another reason to be inside the Hammer's house.

In 5 minutes my squad will arrive and I will drive them to the location. Or Fiona will drive us.

"Laurie, William's here!" Mom shouted from the kitchen. I ran down the stairs carefully not to missed any of the step and slip.

"Honey, tonight I'll be home late again"

I sigh, not that I don't know she will. "When is dad coming back again?"

"Maybe in a few days sweetie" she leans on the counter. When dad is back home she finally get to rest. I felt bad sometimes but it's not that I can help with anything other than to obey them, get the grade, come home early, stay out of trouble and be a perfect daughter.

#

On the road right now, We are using William's car, he insisted but Fiona insisted on driving it. She's gotten better. I'm also glad that they both can start a conversation now, because if I was the one who's talking I probably brought up Astrid, because that's the only thing in my head right now.

"You are doing great" William praised, as Fiona shrugged in a bragging manner, but managed to keep her eyes on the road while mine roll behind my head.

"My mom allowed me to take my driving license this weekend, so she don't have to drive me to school anymore" She look over the rear view mirror to meet my eyes. "But that's going to be alot of paper work because I'm a disabled woman" she said playfully.

"What happened? To your leg?" William casually asked from the passenger seat. The question that I've been hoping to find out the answer. What happened to her? Was she born like that? Was she involved in an accident? She always been like this when I first saw her.

"Oh, it was years years ago, I'm still a child maybe around 11? My grandmother got sick, since my mom still working at that time she had to drive to grandma late. So it's my dad, my 3 brothers and myself. I was old enough for a normal car seat, so the other three have to sit on their children seats at the back" she explained.

"My dad was speeding, I remember the fear of sitting at the passenger side. Passing all the cars like a freaking lightning, not exaggerating but literally so fast" she continued, "We crashed. Mostly on my side at the front. My leg got stuck, it was so bad that they have to amputate it"

"I'm so sorry" I said, glaring at William for making her explain that tragic story, also secretly thanking him, cause now I got my answer.