Journey To The End

Drive straight home from school after my dad texted me, I was only 5 minutes late. He really taking this seriously. I totally forgot that I'm grounded, but that doesn't stop me from driving to  tonight. Yes, we are driving, as sucks that sounds, plane ticket is so expensive and my parents would be less pissed if they know that I'm on a road trip rather than 30 feets above the ground.

I had to throw whatever I could reach on my small backpack, there's no time to waste. My dad is smart enough to take my car to work while taking his car keys with him, in case I sneak out. My mom is always on her element, either downstairs watching tv, doing something on the kitchen or at the backyard watering flowers. Since she work so much lately, dad gave her days off.

"This is not right" I whispered to myself, hanging out from my window. The tree finally come in handy. I know it will, but it hit me. This is my first time doing something I'm aware that I'm not supposed to. Sneaking out. My parents won't be happy but again since when did they care about mine?

Letting my bag go first with William downstairs ready to catch it, we have to be sneaky. I took hold on the branches on top of me, while my foot started its way off from my window sill. I shut the window slowly and climbed down like a pro. I was basically dangling my body down, few feet from broken bone or death.

William had his hand on my waist when I'm reachable and slowly he guide me down until my feet reach the ground. And now we're both eyes level.

He had this huge smile plastered on his face. The scar on his eyebrows is healing quickly and the missing hair on it also grew back. I can see it all with my eyes, that explains how close we are right now. His brown eyes staring back into mine, his hand never leave it place.

"Is this where the characters in those book slowly lean in and kiss?" He smirks, that brought me back to earth.

"Shut up" I shoved him away lightly, I look up from what I just climb down on. "I promise you, that was my first time" I breathe out, catching my breath then retrieving my bag from him.

"Yeah, right. I've been there before" he said, pulling me away from my front lawn to our neighbors driveway to avoid the chance of my mom spotting us. The car is parked far enough from my house, everything is going well.

Fiona already sitting on the driver seat of her vanila scented car. She told me that she already took a driving license, and passed it. Good for her. Now her mother let her used the hand-me-down van, not too shabby.

Apparently only her parents let her go legally for this road trip, while the other had to sneek out. Fred on the backseat. I'm surprised he's here. Its hard to be stuck in a car for 19 hours with the people that hate you. I even hate to be stuck in this car with him. He doesn't look so happy, no one is. Going on summer sounds more fun but he had to ruin it. It's his fault after all.

"Hold on tight children, it's gon be a long ride!" Fiona yells.

#

The ride was smooth only had to stop for gas, snack and pee break, so far none of our parents realize any of us is gone yet, but I have a feeling that as soon as it hit 4pm my dad would be home, he might notice. He will notice. He always check on me like every five minutes, even on normal days.

I threw my phone on the dashboard, it bounced and slide near the windshield, grabbing everyone's attention. "I'm not looking at that shit until we arrived back home in Florida" I said, taking a slurp of my gas station slushy.

William throws his phone joining mine, then Fred hand his phone to William for him to do the same, Not that we don't care but we are worried. We are worried of our parents reaction when they found out.