Unwanted Fourth Person

One day I was at the top of the mountain. The simplest thing can make me slip, just like that and on the next day I can be as lowest as I'm at the core of the earth. When I'm at the bottom, it took effort to be back on track. It was easy to fall when gravity exist. That's why I aim higher, higher than the moon so when I thought I'm falling, I'm actually floating. But there's consequences, No man can breath on space.

After I texted William that I'm not going to the sleepover, he headed to my house and ring my doorbell but of course dad sent him home. I didn't respond to any of his or Fiona's text, I just don't want to talk.

Laying in bed staring into nothing.

This exactly what happened year ago with my New York university test, but this time my dad made the decision not me. He isolates me like what I did to myself. I don't want that anymore, it made me miserable forcing myself to the point where it changed me.

I'm not going back to that life style, but I have to. I have to go to school, I have to study, pass on various test, so I can break this grounded probation because I'm going to texas this summer.

Small tap can be heard from my window. I thought it might have been the grown branches hitting my window. I'm so traumatized, the blinds are now permanently shut. I went back and continued my late night read. Then the sound came back, not a small tap but a knock.

The blinds are shut for good, I don't think I have the ball to peek out and check.

The knock continued but this time with a rhythm. I got out of my bed to listen clearly. Du- ddu- du A familiar cheer rhythm at every football match. That just convinced me human is on the other side of my room. I pull the strings making the blinds roll open, there's a redhead boy sitting on a sturdy branch, looking back at me through the window.

I quickly glance at my door before opening the window. "What are you doing here?" I whispered, not letting him in.

"Sleepover, we're still doing it" He point at across the road, barely visible where his car parked and there's Fiona waving like an idiot inside. "We texted you but you don't-"

"I'm grounded William, don't my dad told you?" I sigh, moving my hair to one side of my neck. I didn't even touch my phone since I texted them to have fun. "I don't reply because I don't want to talk at the moment"

He look down at the ground as if he was searching for words that won't make me snap on him. He turned his head to Fiona and back to me. "We're not doing at my place, since we're here, let us stay?" He pouted.

"William just go home, maybe next time okay?"

He was about to protest but gave in anyway "Are you okay?" He reach out to wipe my dry tear stain, while the other hand support his body from falling down possibly breaking a bone or two.

I nodded my head, gave him a reassuring smile. I reach and cup his cheek between my hand and guide myself out the window for a quick peck.

"Go" I said, "don't do anything stupid... like this"

"You too" then he climbed down, walked into the car driving off to the street.

I can't wait for school tomorrow.

#

School.