[12.]

I'm on the edge the whole day. I feel him. His fingers inside of me. I can't stop thinking about him and what he did and I think that was his intention. I've been aroused for him the whole day and it's making me uncomfortable.

Especially with his wife walking around the house every now and then. Talk about awkward!

He's late today. That makes my anticipation grow and with every minute past the hour he was supposed to come home, I get more and more nervous. Was this is his plan? Is he doing this on purpose to torture me?

I put my hand out before me and watch how much it's shaking. It's ridiculous. It's crazy how much that man consumed my thoughts in such a short time. Que estúpido.

"Are you alright, Cassandra? You've been off the whole day."

I look at Milena, the older woman I came to love working with. She's kind and patient and in a good relationship with Adrian, although we don't have that much time to talk while working because we're usually both on the opposite ends of the house, doing different things.

But the few times we did find time to speak, she was always kind, talking with a calm and even tone that had a calming effect. I like that about her.

"Yes, yes. I haven't slept well last night and I think it's rubbing off on me." I let out a forced chuckle.

Milena gives me a worried look, clearly not believing it. She comes towards me and leans her hip against the counter, crossing her arms over her chest. "Is this about Adrian?"

I'm sure my face instantly gets pale. I swallow the thick saliva that seems to leave a bad taste in my mouth. "Pardon?" I ask quietly, trying to stay calm. Does she know anything? Mierda! I knew it was too good to be true. I knew what we were doing was wrong, but that still didn't stop us.

"It is. I can see it on your face. It's written all over it. You're getting lost in him."

"I-" I shake my head. "No. No, I'm not. Mr Welch and I have a relationship based on respect, he's my boss and that's ... it." Cállate! I'm digging myself a deeper hole by sputtering all this bullshit.

Milena lifts her eyebrow, showing me that she's not buying my shit. "Girl. I saw the looks he gave you and the way he spoke to you and about you. There is respect, but your relationship goes deeper than just employer/employee." I can just feel my heart dropping. Busted. "You are not the first this happened to. Just don't get into this with your heart is all I'm saying."

"I ... don't understand," I admit. There's no point in denying. She has me all figured out.

"We had housekeepers before. Young like you, maybe a few years older. If you wonder why they left ..." Milena shakes her head. "He's not playing for keeps. I like the boy, God knows and he knows it, too, but that boy won't give you love so don't fall in love with him, Cassie."

I'm surprised. She's telling me not to fall in love with him when she should be frowning upon me wanting to have a relationship with a married man. But she's warning me about him instead, not even mentioning his wife. Also mentioning that he had the same thing going on with previous housekeepers ... and none of them works here anymore.

I'm going to be sick. "So, is this like ... a normal thing for him?" Don't vomit. Don't vomit.

Milena's face becomes gentle. It's clear that she didn't want to hurt me, but she hit me with the truth and it's ugly. It also hurts to know that I'm actually nothing special, just another hole he can fuck. Estúpido yo.

"Not normal, but it happened."

"And his wife ... knows about all of this?"

Milena looks away from me before she places her eyes back on my face. "They have a complicated marriage. It's not what it looks like and not what a normal person would think it is, but I can't tell you about it. You'll have to ask Adrian about it."