[33.]

When I wake up again, I already feel better. It's dark outside and inside. I slept the whole day away. I feel well-rested and like I finally got the sleep I needed, but everything's starting to hurt from laying down so much.

I don't know what time it is. I know it must be evening since it's dark out already. Or it could be the middle of the night. I lost the feeling for time.

I turn the lamp on the bedside on to coat the room in the light. I notice I'm alone. There are no traces of Adrian.

I sigh, pushing myself up on the bed. I turn my head from side to side, rubbing my neck. My hair falls over my shoulder as I lean forward, hugging my knees, resting my jaw on my arms.

I turn my head to the side, resting my cheek on my arms, the conversation I had with Adrian before I fell asleep coming back into my mind. He still doesn't trust me. Or he just doesn't want to talk about it. I'm happy he revealed that little information, but I feel like it's still not enough. I'm greedy. I want to know everything about him.

The door opens and I turn my head towards it. It's just Adrian. "Yes, indeed. But the measures weren't as they should be. It's on you to fix that."

He pauses when he sees me. He's carrying a tray with food and I get up on my feet to give him a hand. He gives me a look that I pretend I don't understand and take the tray away from him.

"Fix it. I'll come by and have a look tomorrow." He hangs up the phone.

"You're up. Good. I brought you some dinner. How are you feeling?" Adrian asks with obvious concern.

"I'm good, I just woke up. I feel better," I say, looking at the food. I'm not used to being served food and it's a nice change, but it feels weird, especially knowing that Milena had to take care of everything by herself today.

He places his hand on his hip, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Eat. I'll tell Milena to make you some tea," he says.

"No, I can do –"

"Eat," he orders.

I narrow my eyes at him, but before I can say anything else, he's already out of the room. Exasperante hombre. Infuriating man.

I take the tray to the table Adrian usually eats at. I'm still wearing one of his shirts and I like it so much, I might just keep it. I like seeing it on me. I like having a part of him, even if it's just a simple shirt. Too bad it doesn't smell like him. It just smells like the soap, but Adrian has his unique scent, mixed with a cologne that makes me crazy.

It takes Adrian quite some time to get back with the tea. He places the cup down in front of me. "I had to make this by myself, so I hope it's like you like it."

I blink at him, my fork stopping in the air mid-way to my mouth. "You just had to boil water, Adrian."

He grimaces. "Just ... say if it's not alright, okay?" He takes his hand through his hair. He palms his jaw, feeling the stubble that he always keeps and that I love so much.

"Are you alright?" I ask, looking at him closely. He looks ... stressed.

"Yeah, I'm –" he pauses when he sees my look, his mouth closing. And he just looks. "It's just work. Nothing that would concern or interest you."

"Oh?" My eyebrow jumps up. "I'm interested," I say, taking another bite of the delicious food. God, I'm so hungry.

Adrian looks at me, his stare deep and long. I cock my head to the side, waiting for him to decide whether he's going to share his worries with me or not. He shakes his head, bringing himself back from the place he just wandered to. He looks away from me for a moment, sighing.