Chapter 6: Visiting Lai Jing's Hometown

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

The clock's alarm rang.

Lai Jing was up and awake, already pouring milk on cereal for himself. He looked at his new 'Mommy' and smiled happily.

Lu Feng lightly grunted and searching around for the alarm clock. He tried to slam his hand on the alarm clock lightly but ended up breaking it.

"Ah, Mommy, isn't this the 13th clock? I think we only have 7 left." Lai Jing sighed. Sometimes, it felt like he was the one who took care of his parent. At least he knew how to make basic sandwiches!

Lu Feng was wide-awake now and chuckling. "Eh... Well, it's 7 o'clock now, let's get to the lab."

This was the 2nd week that Lai Jing had been added to his family, but it seemed like it had been forever since they were already so familiar with each other.

These days, a lab was provided to Lu Feng so that he could make a cure for the handsome guy he met a few weeks ago. Lu Feng already had forgotten his name, just like the author had(except, the author's worse b/c she was too lazy to go back and even check up on the name).

Lai Jing was homeschooled since he still didn't get along easily with others. He would talk to Lu Feng but clam up in front of others. The little kid had been able to give out simple sentences to the lab assistants now and was steadily progressing. He still used a whiteboard though.

Lu Feng just usually sat around and gave orders while watching if everything was being measured accurately.

The materials in this world were about the same as Earth's. But it was much purer than the ones on Earth, causing Lu Feng to work on revising the processing instructions for 3 days.

Anyways, the father and son pair went on a shuttle train and arrived at the lab a little late; 7:48 AM.

The lab assistants welcomed their boss as they were lazing about the lobby, munching on snacks and playing games.

"Hey, boss, when are we going to start?" a slightly chubby and friendly looking young man asked.

"Mm, yeah, can we rest for a while? We had been working on the experiments until midnight yesterday... It's not fair that your son is the only one who can go to sleep so early~" whined a young woman.

Lu Feng sighed.

"Hey, hey, I'll give you guys 2 rest days starting from tomorrow, so let's just get some work done first! And why are you comparing yourself to a child?"

The assistants all cheered and cleared away the video game controllers and snack bags.

"Mommy, when can we go to the park?" Lai Jing asked with his shiny doe eyes.

"Um... what about after lunch? We can go out for 2 hours, is that ok?"

The assistants listening in on this conversation all cheered silently for the adorable kid. They would get extra free time!

"Ok, pinky promise!"

Lu Feng hooked his pinky finger on Lai Jing's and promised very solemnly, causing Lai Jing to giggle.

So, until lunch, all the assistants worked hard on researching and forming the cure. When it got to lunch, they all gave a loud sigh and rushed towards the lobby to gather their coats. They all jabbered loudly and were deciding on which restaurants to eat at.

Lu Feng took ahold of Lai Jing's small hand and they once again got on the shuttle train to the capital's biggest park.

Lai Jing hadn't been able to go out much before so when he saw all the equipment and playgrounds that were in the huge park, he was hooked immediately.