6

George POV
I hate running the shop alone. Ron does help out but it's not the same. I miss Fred, he was my other half.
Today was just another boring day same customers as usual, until around lunch. I watched a large groups of teens walk into the shop. There were three girls and five boys. There was a girl with choppy black hair,a tiara, light blue eyes and a death to barbie shirt. Another girl had pretty chocolate golden coloured eyes and frizzy brown hair and the last girl had choppy brown hair and cool kolidascope eyes that changed colour. The first guy was buff and was most likely Chinese. The second was small and scrawny with wild curly hair and a michevous grin that I used to have. The third boy was small and skinny with dark black hair, dark black eyes and black clothing. The fourth guy was tall, blonde and handsome. He had light blue eyes like the goth chick. The last guy, well let's just say if I was a girl I would be drooling. He was tall and muscular like a swimmer, he had windswept black hair and seagreen eyes. The only thing that seemed off about him was that he had a kind of sadness around him and his eyes look shattered. Like he had been broken hundreds of times over. He seemed to be the leader.
They all split up and went to look around the shop. The leader saw me and walked over. "Hi, im Percy." He said while he stuck out his hand. I shook it. "Im George."
"Why do you look so sad?"
"Last year in the war my twin brother was killed. We ran this shop together but now its just me. Now, why do you look sad?" I asked back.
"We're exchange students from America. We had a war of our own last month. Many lost their lives, including my girlfriend."
"Im sorry. What was her name? What was she like?" I didnt want to push him but talking always helped me.
He smiles a got a far away look in his eyes. "Her name was Annabeth Chase. She was brave, smart, kind and she did everything with 100%. She was my other half. We had been dating for one year but we had known each other for nearly five years." A tear trickled down his cheek. His friends were standing at the door waiting for him so I told him that I hoped to see him soon and he left.
Hazel POV
When Percy came down the stairs he looked like he'd just gotten a wait off of his shoulders. "The last thing we need to get is a pet." Announced Frank.
We made our way to the pet shop, or whatever you call it in England. As soon as we opened the door, every owl in the shop looked at us, or specifically, at Percy. They all flew over to him and I thought for sure that they were going to bite him. Instead, they pecked at his ear affectionately. Athena must have forgiven Percy. In the end we got:
Frank- a red owl called Screech.
Leo- a hyperactive orange owl called Wiz.
Thalia- a black cat called Zoe.
Piper- a white cat called Pearl.
Nico- a black screech owl called Killer.
Jason- a white owl called Sky.
Percy- a grey cat with black eyes called Small Bob.
Me- a golden owl named Legion.
"We should probably go back to the Leaky Cauldron now." Percy said, after we payed. We all agreed and made our way back to the brick wall.