Home

A/N: A Freylin oneshot because you can pry this ship from my cold, dead hands.

Setting: Between series 3 and 4 I guess? Also, it's an AU. It also doesn't really fit the canon time line, but it's my one shot so screw canon.

Description: Merlin is injured while on a hunting trip with Arthur and the knights. Before passing out, he gives them directions to a place where someone can help them.

Disclaimer: I don't own Merlin or it's characters cause if I did you can BET THE SERIES WOULD HAVE ENDED DIFFERENTLY -NO IM NOT BITTER AT ALL

"Merlin!" Lancelot's yell drew the attention of the other knights. They stared in horror as the manservant collapsed limply to the ground. A bandit grinned, yanking his blade out from Merlin's side. With a roar, Arthur charged the bandit, anger clouding his vision.

Quickly, the knights dispatched the other bandits, and circled Arthur and the other man with their swords raised. The bandit swung his sword towards Arthur's head, but the prince blocked it, and slammed his own blade down. The force of the swing made the bandit drop his own blade, and he fell to his knees. In one fluid motion, Arthur sent his blade straight through the man's chest. The bandit coughed and sputtered, before giving the prince and his knights an evil smile.

"You won't save him." He spat. "The blade- the blade was poisoned." With those words, he became limp, the light leaving his eyes. Terror gripped Arthur as the now dead bandit's words registered. He turned towards Merlin, who had Gwaine and Lancelot kneeling over him.

"Merlin? Come on, mate." Gwaine muttered. Merlin moaned, his eyes fluttering open.

"Merlin, you have to tell us how to help you." Lancelot said gently.

"In-" Merlin paused, a shuddering cough erupting from his body. "In my bag. There- there is a map." Arthur nodded, and Leon rushed over to The manservant's bag, and rifled through it. The knight handed Arthur a piece of rolled up parchment, and with shaky hands, the prince opened it. "This... is the last time I go on a hunting trip... with you." Merlin joked, a small chuckle coming from his throat. He regretted it when the movement made him hiss in pain. Merlin swallowed, and Arthur winced when he got a good look at the red spreading across his shirt.

"You're going to be fine, Merlin." Arthur reassured his servant. "We'll get you to whatever this place is." Merlin nodded, his eyes rolling back as he fell into unconsciousness.

"I'll carry him." Percival stepped forward as he said it. Gently, the large knight held his friend. Arthur studied the map for a moment, trying to figure which direction to go in.

"Sire, we need to hurry." Elyan broke in. Lancelot stared at the limp Merlin that lay in Percival's arms, a concerned expression on his face.

"Of course." Arthur pointed in the direction the map lead. It was a quiet trek through the forest, concerned murmurs and Merlin's ragged breathing being the only thing that could be heard. Arthur cursed when Merlin let out a horrible sounding cough, blood trickling down his chin.

"He'll be alright, princess." Gwaine said, putting a hand on the prince's shoulder. Arthur only nodded, his attention focused on the map. It was different than any other map Arthur had ever seen. After what felt like forever to the knights, voices could be heard in the distance. The group reached for their swords, but relaxed when they noticed Arthur's small, relieved smile.

"This way!" He called. "This is where we're supposed to be!" The prince began to jog, his pace matched by the others. Their relief was short lived, however, when they noticed what the destination was.