Day Thirteen of Christmas

A/N: This one is real fluff, no twist ending this time.

Arthur's afternoon had been quiet and peaceful. He sat at his desk, enjoying the silence.

Until Morgana walked in.

The first thing Arthur noticed was the way she carried herself. Confidence practically radiated off of her, which meant only one thing. Morgana wanted something.

With a sigh, Arthur set down the document he'd been reading, and met Morgana's eyes with his own. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yes, Arthur, there is." She leaned over his desk to poke her finger in the Prince's shoulder. "You can be nicer to Merlin."

Arthur raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about? I'm always nice to Merlin." The look Morgana fixed him with would've killed any other man. "Alright, maybe not always, but-"

"But nothing." Morgana snapped. "Arthur, he just lost his best friend less than two weeks ago. You didn't even give him time to grieve."

"I tried to give him time off!" Arthur cried indignantly. "It's not my fault he didn't accept!" Morgana gave a noncommittal "hm" in response before stepping back, finally allowing Arthur to have some space.

"Fine. I'll drop this," Arthur sighed in relief. "On one condition."

The prince groaned. "Which would be?"

"Gwen and I are going to spend the holiday together. I want you to join us, along with Merlin." Arthur let out a huff. "Arthur, he hasn't barely smiled in weeks."

"Fine!" Arthur threw his hands up in frustration. "I'll bring Merlin to your little get together." The smirk that Morgana shot his way gave Arthur chills.

She would always be the most terrifying woman he knew.

-

"Come on, Merlin." Arthur called over his shoulder. The prince pretended not to notice the way Merlin winced, before quietly picking up his pace. "We're not going to keep Morgana waiting because you can't walk fast enough."

"Why does Morgana want us for anyway?" Merlin muttered. Arthur didn't answer, and instead simply knocked on Morgana's door. Gwen opened it, flashing a smile at Arthur as she stepped out of the way to let them in.

Arthur's eyebrows shot up when he walked into the room. A large table had been set up with four chairs, and had enough food to feed half the knights of Camelot laid out on it. The entire room was lit with more candles than Arthur had used in his lifetime, and the fireplace crackled in the silence.

Morgana stood up from her spot on the bed, grinning. "Hello, Merlin, Arthur. Feel free to make yourselves comfortable." Arthur glanced over at Merlin, who was gaping at the room in front of him.

"What's all this?"

"Arthur, didn't you tell him?" Morgana rolled her eyes when Arthur shrugged. "This is a party, Merlin. Just for the four of us."

"My lady-"

"Morgana." Merlin seemed taken aback at the correction. "For tonight, we're just friends. Besides," she grinned at him. "It's not like you haven't called me by my name before."

"Come, Merlin!" Arthur said cheerily, taking a seat next to Gwen at the table. "Stop gawking uselessly and have some fun for once!"

And for the first time in weeks, Merlin smiled.