Not So Secret

A/N: Crack(ish)

Setting: Anytime post 4x03

Description: In which everyone isn't as stupid as you might think. Unless you're Arthur.

Disclaimer: I don't own Merlin... *sobs*

  Agravaine sighed, leaning back into his chair. Morgana had constantly been on him about his most recent failures, and no that Uther was dead, she was now focused on Arthur and his servant boy.

    Merlin.

    The man sneered at the thought of the boy. He had been quite a nuisance, both to him, and Morgana. If he could find a way to get rid of the servant, he would do so in a heartbeat. But it's not like he could simply have him killed- Arthur would never go for that... unless... Agravaine bolted out of his seat, an idea forming in his mind.

   All he simply had to do was frame Merlin for a crime. It'd have to be something big, Arthur was too fond of his servant to execute him for something as simple as theft. He suspected that even framing him for treason wouldn't be enough, the king would only banish the boy.

   No, it had to be something that Arthur would never forgive him for, something that had earned Arthur's spite.

   Sorcery.

  A twisted version of a smile made its way across his lips.

➿➿➿➿➿

    Agravaine had spent a long time thinking this through. He couldn't go straight to Arthur, the king would simply laugh and accuse his uncle of playing some kind of joke. Agravaine had to play this smart, he had to go to someone Arthur trusted. If he went to Sir Gwaine, the man was close to Merlin as well. No, he would be the last on the list. So the lord made his decision.

     "Sir Leon!" Agravaine had to nearly jog to catch up with the knight, who was currently having a conversation with the knight he recognized as Percival. "I need to speak with you."

     "Of course, Lord Agravaine." The knight schooled his features into a serious expression. "What is it you need?"

     "I'm afraid I've heard some... disturbing rumors." Percival raised an eyebrow. "They're about a threat against the king."

      "That is disturbing." Percival said slowly. "What are the nature of these rumors?"

      "And why did you not go straight to Arthur?" Leon asked.

     "Well- I- I couldn't." Agravaine stuttered. "I do not believe that he would listen." The two knights glanced at each other, unspoken questions in their eyes. "It's about his manservant, Merlin." This caused both of Percival's eyebrows to go up. "I've been lead to believe..." the man glanced around suspiciously, lowering his voice to a whisper. "I've found proof that Merlin is a sorcerer." The two knights stared for a moment, as if unable to properly process what he'd just said. Agravaine felt a smile tug at his mouth, believing this to be a sign that he'd won.

     Until they both started laughing hysterically.

     "Merlin? A sorcerer?" Leon choked out through his laughter.

     "I fail to see how this is funny." Agravaine said, rather miffed that he was being dismissed to quickly.

     "I'm sorry, my lord, but Merlin is no more magical than I am weak." Percival stated, once he'd regained control of himself.