Vengeance

A/N: So this is a Freylin fic (only mentions of it) and a magic reveal.

Setting: Um??? Just after Arthur becomes king I guess. (So Gwen still is only a servant.)

Description: When a sorceress accidentally brings the knights to her home, she reveals something that makes Merlin very angry.

Disclaimer: I don't own Merlin or its characters.

       Merlin chatted with Gwen while Arthur and the knights bashed each other's heads in on the training yard. The two winced when Elyan went down, knocked over by Gwaine. The two laughed, and Gwaine moved to help his fellow knight up off the ground.

       "You alright mate?" Gwaine asked as Elyan brushed the dirt off his armor. Elyan nodded, giving him a smile.

        "I never really understood the point of knocking each other senseless." Gwen muttered, shaking her head as Gwaine and Elyan went at it again.

        "That's because there isn't one." Merlin shot back, making her giggle. Arthur glared, having heard the comment.

       "Merlin!"

       "Yes sire?"

        "Come over here." Merlin groaned, making Gwen laugh again. The servant walked over to Arthur, who handed him a shield. Merlin held it up, examining it.

       "What's this for?" He asked.

        "It's so you don't get killed." Arthur replied, smirking. Merlin's eyes widened, and he held up the shield just in time to block a sword swing from the king. Gwen winced every time Arthur hit the shield. After only a moment, Merlin fell to the ground from a particularly hard blow. "Not bad. You lasted twice as long as last time." Arthur pointed out.

        "So last time was only two seconds?" Elyan spoke up from the sidelines, where most of the men had gathered to watch. Arthur humiliating Merlin was the most entertainment they usually would get. Laughter rippled among the couple of knights.

         "Sire?" Percival's voice broke in, and they all turned to look at him. The large knight was pointing at a cloaked figure leaving Camelot. Arthur glanced at the figure, then questioningly at Percival. "I could have sworn I saw them use magic." Percival muttered. Merlin's eyes widened. Who would be stupid enough to use magic inside of Camelot? "Whoever it was just had an apple fly into their hand on its own." Arthur tensed for a moment, before relaxing.

       "Well, if they did no harm, we won't bother." Arthur said, receiving some curious looks from the knights. "Besides, they are leaving."

        "Sire!" Leon rushed forward. Merlin noticed the way he was breathing. He'd clearly just been running.

        "Sir Leon." Arthur nodded his head in acknowledgment. "Is something wrong?"

        "Sire, someone from the lower town claimed that a sorcerer attacked them." Merlin sighed when Leon finished explaining. "And the sorcerer was last seen leaving through the east gate." A few groans came from the knights.

        "That's the one we just saw." Arthur mumbled to himself. "Merlin! Get my horse ready. We're going after this sorcerer." Merlin nodded, before rushing off. "Gwaine, Leon, you shall join me." The two knights bowed, before leaving to gather their own horses.

➿➿➿➿➿

       "Here!" Gwaine called out. Arthur and Leon urged their horses towards where he was pointing. "There's footprints. Still fresh." Arthur nodded, guiding his horse in the direction the prints led.