Day Eight of Christmas

A/N: Worry not friends! This will not be like the last oneshot. (cough, probably, cough)

Morgana stared out the window, bored as can be.

Even since she came to this stuffy old castle, she had been doted on nonstop. Which, to most people, would be a dream come true. But to the young Lady Morgana, it was a living nightmare.

No one never let her do what she wanted, and what she wanted most was to be left alone.

The king's son, Arthur, was one of the most stubborn and infuriating boys Morgana had ever met. In fact, he had even gone as far to pull on her hair when she wasn't paying attention. So, in response, Morgana took her high heel and planted it firmly on the prince's foot.

The amount of pleasure she had taken in the way he squealed, holding his foot, was indescribable at that moment. But the moment Uther had seen, some of her joy had faded, and it was nearly gone by the time she had been sent to her room.

So now, as her first holiday in the castle approached, Morgana sat alone, staring out the dark window.

Suddenly, a small rustling sound came from behind her, and she spun around. Morgana jumped slightly when she saw Arthur standing right there (though she would deny it if asked) before forcing a smirk on her face.

"Was stepping on your foot the first time not enough?" Morgana asked. Arthur turned red, making the young girl smile.

"No... I just..." Arthur then mumbled something that Morgana couldn't make out.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I wanted to apologize." Arthur scowled as he spoke, like the words hurt him. "It was unfair of me to pull your hair, and, well, if you're going to stay here, then we need to get along."

"I wouldn't go that far." Morgana scoffed, turning back around.

"I brought pastries! I stole them from the kitchen before coming to see you." Arthur shoved a small baked good into her lap. "I thought girls liked gifts." Morgana picked up the sweet, glancing at, then back to Arthur, searching for any sign of a trick. Slowly, she raised it to her lips, biting down.

"Wow." Morgana breathed. It was the best thing she'd ever had. She glanced back at Arthur, who stood there awkwardly. "Thank you." The prince nodded, turning to go. "Wait!" Morgana broke the sweet in half, holding it out towards him. "Stay here with me." Arthur grinned, gladly taking the treat, and settled down next to her. As he began to tell Morgana about his training to become a knight, the girl felt comfortable for the first time.

Maybe living here wouldn't be so bad after all.