26: Finally

MinHee sat on the couch with her laptop on her lap. She’d a write up on Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” that needed to be uploaded before the end of the night, and she’d slacked on the conclusion in order to practice. It had been a busy week. All the crazed practicing for Wolf, which the group had yet to record and upload, as well as the individual dances and a few other covers they’d neglected had taken up just about all her time, and hosting for her brother and his band took up the rest. It was getting crazy.

The door opened, and MinHee expected Cora to come trotting in. She’d gone to the store in search of coffee ice cream, but she was particular so it was likely to take an hour. She was a little surprised to find Reina moving into the apartment. “Hey. Why do you look so frazzled?” She signed, moving the laptop from her lap. The conclusion could wait a few minutes.

Reina moved across the room and sat down on the sectional. “So I went to the store for eggs,” She started and sighed. “And JB decided that I needed an escort.” She looked up at the ceiling and moved her hair out of her face and behind her ears. “And then when we got back here and you guys weren’t here, I invited him in.”

“And?”

“And he met my mom and she loves him, so she invited him to stay for lunch, and he did, and I didn’t say a word to him the whole time.” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “I don’t know what I was supposed to say!” She said this part, and sounded completely confused. MinHee hadn’t ever seen Reina confused. She was, by the, the most grounded in the group.

MinHee gave it a second before signing. “Maybe you should have asked him about school. He’s going for-”

“Filming I know. MinHee, you treat it like he isn’t my favorite band member.” Reina slumped back against the couch.

MinHee giggled. “Okay, so ask him about filming. Maybe you could ask him about dance, too. He likes-”

“Break dancing. Min, I know that much, the problem is I can’t get the words out. I can think them, I can really think it through, but it felt like sand is in my mouth and I can’t breath and…” She sighed and shook her head. “When did reality get ridiculous?”

MinHee shrugged. “You tell me.” She pulled her legs up onto the couch with her and sighed. “Cora and I decided to do What’s Happening and Sleep Talking. Sleep Talking for the fundraiser and What’s Happening for the interview.”

“Why can’t we do Girls Girls Girls? It’s kind of one of our best.” Reina asked, shifting so she was facing MinHee.

MinHee rolled her eyes. “Mark forbid Cora from doing it. He said he doesn’t want her hurting herself again.” Reina laughed and MinHee rolled her eyes. “He decided this yesterday, and after he left, Cora told me she thinks that we should rethink our decision of using Girls, so we ended up with What’s Happening and Sleep Talking.”

“Not that that’s bad! I mean, those are great songs, and we’re pretty good at the moves.” Reina declared and MinHee nodded in agreement. “Cora’s really strung up over him, isn’t she?” Reina asked, and MinHee frowned. “I mean, just as much as you’re strung about Jackson.”