After Chapter: JackHee New Year

MinHee sat in the center of a very loud venue with Reina, Cora, Maria, Rap Monster, Suga and J-Hope sitting around her. They were all talking spiritedly, and MinHee followed along, forcing a smile and laughing when necessary. She wasn’t feeling all too well, but she didn’t want her illness to bring down the others, so she was pretending that she wasn’t sick to her stomach, and the loud music and harsh food wasn’t making it worse.

Cora had been quiet for a few minutes, and MinHee asked her if everything was okay, but she was staring down at her phone. MinHee’s brow furrowed and Rap Monster leaned over, nudging her. She looked up, startled, and turned to Rap Monster. “Are you okay Cora?” He asked, and everyone else seemed to take notice of the situation. “Did something happen?”

Cora’s eyes landed on MinHee, and she knew something was up, but she shook her head and smiled. “No. Everything’s fine. Sorry I was just… a little surprised to be hearing from someone.” She said, offering an awkward laugh. Everyone seemed to take that, and turned back to their conversations.

“So there’s now a seventh member of Passion, right?” Rap Monster asked.

MinHee perked up. “Yes. We used to have her, before the actual signing. Her name is Yuna, and she’s the cousin of Mikki. I guess things got pretty bad when she left us, and we weren’t really the same without her, so I invited her to come back with us.”

“And where is she?” J-Hope asked.

Minhee frowned. “She’s at her family’s party tonight. She’ll be moving in two days before our debut though, so you can meet her.” MinHee had tracked Yuna down during the Christmas party, and asked her how things were. Yuna didn’t want to answer, so MinHee offered her the proposal of joining the group again. Of course, she’d have to go through a few trials and tribulations, but things worked out, and she was part of Passion once more.

“How are things with Jackson?” Suga asked, angling himself towards MinHee, who had been silent most of the night. “Everything seems great with the coming debut, but has that made it hard?”

MinHee smiled, really smiled. “No, we’re doing fine. It’s been a little hard to get together every once and a while, with him being in the Roommate house and our debut, but we make it work. How are things with Mallory?”

Suga seemed a little surprised by this, his cheeks turning slightly red. “Uhm-”

“Zhen Ai is a very close friend of mine, and I’ve held a nice few conversations with Mallory. Not just that, but occasionally the two show up at the studio looking for you and Jungkook. I figure she’s a little too serious for Jungkook, and I’ve heard a thing or two about you.” He laughed awkwardly. “So, is everything good?”

He nodded. “We’re doing alright.”

As he said this, a few others from the office moved towards the group and began shouting loudly and talking hurriedly to the others. MinHee took this time to excuse herself. Of course, J-Hope grabbed her arm and, with wide, worried eyes, asked if she was okay. When she reassured him she was fine, he asked if she needed to be escorted back to her dorm, but she declined, and hurried out of the venue.

She leapt into a taxi that was parked on the side of the road and hurriedly gave the driver directions to the dorm. She wasn’t sure why she felt the way she did, but she was afraid that if she didn’t get home soon, she might get sick in public and it would end up in tabloids.

Her phone buzzed. She looked down. It was from Jackson.

She smiled. Even when they hadn’t seen each other, and she was sure he was partially annoyed with her, he was always determined to make sure she was okay. She loved that about him.

She texted him back that she was fine. But in truth, she was just feeling incredibly lonely. Her parents were out of town, once again, to visit family and friends in the south most part of the country, and since Passion was about to debut, she couldn’t tag along. JB was busy with GOT7 so he couldn’t go, and he couldn’t come visit MinHee.

Originally, they would wait until midnight together. The first to fall asleep was the one who got a party popper torn in their face. This was the first year that their tradition wasn’t upheld.

Cora and MinHee usually had dinner together. They would get dressed incredibly fancy, with their makeup and hair done to absolute perfect, and then go to some hole in the wall joint that no one else would go to on New Years. It was silly, but it was something they did every single year, and it hurt, just a little, that they weren’t this year.

Even Reina was too busy to do their tradition. It wouldn’t have worked anyways. One of them would always show up at the others window early in the morning, it always depended on who woke up first, and toss rocks until the other opened their window and looked down. They would then tell each other their plans, in sign language, and go about their days. It was simple, and the two had been doing it since high school. There was no real way to do it in the dorms, but MinHee felt a little hollow without it.

The ride to the dorm was relatively long. She lay with her head against the door and sighed quite a few times, brushing hair out of her face a variety of times. She hated when she started to feel like this, when she felt so lonely and feeble.

The taxi stopped and she paid the driver, telling him to have a happy new year, and then hurried to the elevator. That took absolutely no time, and she was hurrying down the hall towards the room in seconds.

But when she opened the door, she was surprised to find Jackson standing inside, a bouquet in one hand and a white pastry box in the other. He turned and looked at her, worry plain on his face. “I was on my way to the party when J-Hope called,” He said, placing the flowers and the box down. “I know you said you’re okay-”

MinHee rushed forward and threw herself into his arms. burying her face in his chest. “I’m fine. I’m so fine.” She said, looking up and smiling. “I was just feeling a little bummed. But I’m glad you’re here.”

Jackson nodded. “Reina said it might be because of your traditions.” He looked towards the clock. “But maybe it’s time to start a new tradition?” He leaned down and planted a kiss on her lips. The rest of the building, all the employees and musicians left in the building, burst into shouted. Jackson pulled back. “Happy New Years,”

MinHee looked over. 12:01. She smiled. “What’d you bring?”

He laughed. “Food. As always.”