77: Found Out

“Okay my busy little worker bees! This is good enough. I need you all to go get ready and meet back here in a few hours.” Cora’s mother declared, turning in the arch of the door and strutting out of the room.

Youngjae groaned loudly, coming to a stop beside MinHee. “Thank goodness. I’m exhausted.” He said, dropping an arm on her shoulder.

MinHee pulled out her phone and typed a message before handing it to Youngjae. It asked him if he, or any of the other boys, were free and could run to pick up Maria, since her roommate had yet to return her car.

Youngjae took the message, and a lopsided, nervous smile peeked at the right side of his mouth.  “I, uh… yeah, of course. I just need her address. Jackson and I will pick her up on our way back.” He said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously and handing MinHee her phone.

She grinned and erased the message, replacing it with one that told him she’d sent Maria his number, so she could contact him with her information. Youngjae just stared at her in surprise. She took her phone and started out of the room. Cora’s mother had rented a hotel room in the building adjacent to the venue for MinHee, so she could change without Cora detecting her. She was headed there.

Until Jinwoo stopped her. He grabbed her elbow and spun her around to face her, but in the process, she tore her elbow from his grip and glared at him. “Hey! Sorry, chill out! I just wanted to ask if you needed a ride back to your apartment so you could change.” She shook her head. “Is everything okay?” She nodded. “Are you lying to me?” She shrugged. “What’s up Minnie? You’re acting strange.”

“Nothing.” She muttered, since no one was around to hear her. “I need to go.” She said, turning and hurrying away from Jinwoo, who stared after her in complete confusion. She couldn’t look at him the same. Not after what Minwoo had told her.

“I hate you.” Cora hissed, sucking in her stomach as Mark tried viciously to zip her dress shut. “My mother knows my size. It wasn’t wrong. That is, until you got me breakfast lunch and dinner that didn’t exactly pertain to my dietary needs.”

Mark laughed. “Are you complaining because I bought you ice cream?”

“Yes!” She screamed, standing on her toes, looking up, and sucking in her stomach even more.

Amazingly enough, her zipper slid up with ease, and Mark held her sides. “Can you breathe?” She nodded. “Then stop complaining! You were so happy when I got you that ice cream.”

“But look at the after effect.” Cora groaned, breathing shallowly since her dress didn’t allow deep breaths. She moved to grab her black sparkling heels. “You’re trying to make me fat.”

Mark stopped and looked like he was thinking about it. “I do like my women plump.” He then made a face at her. “You’re slacking.” This was rewarded with a flying heel at his torso. “I’m kidding! Chill out. You look fine. I don’t think you look fat.”

“You’re supposed to say that.” She said, taking the heel from him and sliding it on. “Your opinion no longer matters. You’re stuck with me whether you like it or not.”