After Chapter: Blue Christmas (Jackhee Christmas 2)

MinHee sat quietly on the couch in her apartment with her eyes plastered to the television, which wasn’t even on. She was nervous. She was beyond nervous. It was a big night for her and Jackson, and she wasn’t sure… well, she was sure it would go well, but that didn’t make it any less unnerving.

The door opened, and she didn’t have to turn to see that it was Jackson who was coming into the room. He was carrying a handful of presents, and two bouquets of poinsettias. She turned towards him, and he immediately smiled. “Are you ready to go?”

They were going to have an early dinner with MinHee’s parents and brother, just before the party since her parents wouldn’t be able to make it and they still wanted to exchange gifts. MinHee was nervous, since her parents hadn’t ever really spent time with Jackson, one on one, and she wasn’t sure how they would feel about spending time with him as a family.

But she smiled and nodded. “Yeah, ready when you are.”

He nodded. “Then let’s get going.”

She stood and grabbed the presents for her family and friends, some of which would be left in the car until they made it to the christmas party. On top was the long, thin box that held Jackson’s gift. She looked down at it, and then up at him. “I want to give you your present now.” She said lightly.

His smile faded a little. “Let’s wait until the party, alright?”

“But-”

“Come on MinHee, we don’t have time.”

And with that, he turned and hurried out of the dorm, MinHee left staring after him.

MinHee, Jackson, JB, and the Im parents sat at the same table, laughing and eating, all except MinHee. She stared down at her plate and ate silently. Jackson had been cold with her all day. Everytime she reached for him, he inched away, not wanting to touch her, and making very little conversation with her.

And when it came time for them all to exchange their gifts, MinHee was incredibly surprised to find that JB had gotten her a pair of state of the art headphones from some kind of company that was apparently at large, as well as a few things to write music with, her parents got her a pair of gold and diamond earrings, but Jackson had only gotten her a twenty five dollar gift card.

She decided she was going to give him his present there, but he insisted she wait until the Christmas party. She wanted to make things easier for them, maybe make him happy to be around her.

At the moment, she felt just like a pile of trash on the side of the road, waiting in the snow for a trash day that was almost a week away due to the holiday.

This night couldn’t end fast enough for her.