55: Scripted Apology

All of the girls and boys from both dance crews stood back stage, waiting to be called for the closing sequence. Cora stood beside Nick, looking almost as though she were his counterpart. She wore a black and white checkered fitted crop top that stopped just beneath her chest with a black leather jacket and a pair of black leather pants. Like her brother she wore checkered socks that peeked out of the top of her polished black Doc Martens.

Ji-su, who wore a polka dot fitted crop top with a sheer jewel neck line top with a white leather jacket and black shorts with sheer black thigh high socks and leather combat boots, stood beside Ryu and Mikki, who wore a black fitted crop top, black leather jacket, black leather pants and converse.

MinHee stood beside the twins, wearing black high waisted shorts with a black crop top that had a jeweled high neck, a white leather jacket and black combat boots. She was more nervous than she’d been for any other performance. They’d just found out that they could get a label, and that was eating her up. What if she messed up? What if she made a fool of the entire group?

“You’re thinking too hard.” Jinwoo murmured. “Just dance.” He said, squeezing her shoulders. It was then that the producers gestured for the dancers to get on stage and take their places. The girls went out first, since their part in the routine went first.

They were doing MTBD, with their own choreography of course. It was an easier dance for them, and with the help of Blaze, it came off extra flashy. The camera’s turned to them, and the music started, so the girls began dancing. It seemed to blow past quickly, and before long, it was just MinHee and the boys on stage, doing their part. Quickly after, the girls joined again and they did a final few moves before they hit a part where they were just the girls again. And then it was over.

“Thank you so much for joining us on such short notice.” The host was saying to Reina, and MinHee spotted Cora answering her phone and then moving towards the door of the set. Nick noticed too, and shouted for his sister, but she ignored him. MinHee and Nick followed Cora to the dressing room, where she was throwing all her things into a bag. “Cora, come on. Talk to us.” Nick tried, but Cora continued around the room silently.

She stopped in front of the mirror long enough to pull her Comme des Fuckdown beanie on again. MinHee moved in behind her, signing in the mirror that she wasn’t pregnant, that she’d had a checkup, and she was sorry she didn’t tell but she didn’t want her to worry. “Worry?” Cora spat, and turned to face MinHee. “That’s all I’ve done about you lately, but it seems that it was pointless. You’ve got everything handled, right? Then I’ll just leave it to you.” She hissed, before pushing past MinHee and her brother.

“Cora! Stop!” Nick shouted after her, and they followed her to the door of the warehouse the set was in. She threw open the door and charged down the steps. “Cora Matthews! Listen to me and MinHee! You need to hear her out!”

Cora ignored her brother. Mark was leaning against the wall nearby with his skateboard in his hand. He shot up when he heard Nick call Cora’s name, and looked to his girlfriend with confusion. She shot up to him, threw her arms around his neck, and kissed him before taking his hand and tearing him away from the scene. He looked back, still clearly confused, but followed.

“Wow.” Nick whispered. “She’s pissed. And dating Mark?” He turned to MinHee. “Did you know about this?”

MinHee nodded and turned back to the door to go back onto the set. She did have things handled, and she didn’t need Cora worrying about her. She just didn’t expect negative backlash about it.

MinHee was sitting behind her keyboard, her music blasting around her, when she heard her bedroom door open and close. She turned to find Cora leaning against the wall. Slowly, she stood and moved to turn off her music, and then turned to face Cora.