The Rumble

I suggest you play the song above for better experience with the story. :)

After the movie, Dally drove me back to Pony's house just to hang out. I talked to Pony about random things until he said he had to leave for track practice. Then, Johnny came over and sat next to me. 

"How do you like the family?" He asked quite shyly.

"Are you kidding? These guys are great. Back home, my friends would make a big deal if I were hanging out with hoodlums but now, I honestly don't care what they think. I like hanging with you guys." I answered beaming.

"That's good. I was afraid you would think we're lower class or something." He replied sheepishly.

"Nah, I'm not like that."

A few moments of silence passed by and we just sat there awkwardly.

"Soooo," He said breaking the silence, "what's the weather like back home?"

"The weather?" I asked chuckling, "It's warm almost all year. How about here?"

"It rains usually in winter and fall but it's nice in the spring and summer," He paused for a moment before looking shocked, "I forgot to tell you! We're going to have a rumble tonight."

"Oh. Against who?" I asked sort of nervously.

"The socs," He replied, "of course."

*** Time Skip to The Rumble ***

Johnny had stayed with me until the socs arrived at the lot for the rumble. I was quite grateful to have him there with me since I had never encountered any soc. Who knew what they were capable of...

Johnny's P.O.V.

Pat seemed nervous while we waited for socs to appear so I stayed close to her. Socs weren't all that scary once you get used to them. If we weren't just friends, I would've hugged her voluntarily until she stopped being nervous. Instead, I just put my arm around her shoulder and just waited until someone threw the first punch. She seemed to calm down after, which made me feel less tense with being so close to her.

I recognized only half of the socs there, even though it was going to be a small rumble.

"Don't worry about the socs, Pat," I said to her, "they aren't using weapons."

"What if you get hurt?" She asked.

"I won't, it's just a small rumble. The worst that can happen is someone's nose breaking."

She chuckled and leaned her head on my shoulder. She seemed relaxed so I didn't want to move.

"Who's first?" Bob, the leader of the socs yelled out to us.

"I'll take you!" Darry answered back.

And like that, the rumble started.

Dally's P.O.V.

I started punching a small a** soc that looked as if they had no experience with rumbles, which made him the perfect target. I saw Johnny let go of Pat and take on a soc that looked twice his size. Yikes. At first, Johnny seemed to have him under control but I think he wanted to impress Pat. Then, the soc punched him and it looked as if he blacked out.

"Johnny!" I heard Pat scream...