Heart eyes

Pat's P.O.V.

Every time I see Johnny and Dally together, I can't help but feel broken and jealous inside. I know Johnny doesn't have any feelings for me, but for some reason I can't seem to let him go. They invite me to diners and everything, and I'm always the third-wheel.

I can see that they both like each other. Very much. Dally's eyes seem to glisten every time he looks at Johnny. I wonder what it's like to have somebody care for you as much as Dally cares about Johnny.

~
Later that day, I walked to the Lot, where I experienced my first feelings for Johnny. I miss those days. He held me close while rumbles were going on.

I heard footsteps coming closer to me and I instantly panicked. I know I'm not suppose to be out here at night, with the risk of getting beat up by other gangs. I quickly glanced over my shoulder and I recognized the figure coming closer. It was Johnny, the boy who made its way into my heart and slowly made it break.

"Hey, Pat," Johnny says as he comes over.

"Hi." I responded coldly.

"Everything alright?" He sounds concerned.

Oh yeah, everything's fine, you know? I'm slowly dying inside because of you and I had promised myself years ago to not fall for someone that was out of my league. But yeah, you know, everything's fine.

"Sure, I guess," I respond, not convincing, "just a lot on my mind, you know?"

"School bothering you?"

"No, it's something different,"

"Do you want to tell me?"

"I don't think you'd understand,"

"Ahh" he sounds convinced, "periods?"

I started laughing and for once I actually felt genuinely happy. I hadn't lost Johnny as a friend, I only lost my chance of actually getting into a relationship with him.

"No, no!" I manage to get out. I was falling over of laughter that I had to sit down on the sidewalk. Johnny sits next to me.

"Pat, I want you to know," he starts saying seriously, "it doesn't matter that I'm with Dally, I don't want you to see me any different."

I look at him with confusion, "Johnny, I would never look at you a different way no matter who you decide to date. Trust me, I'm no homophobe."

He smiles and leans into me and puts his head on my shoulder. I then put my head lightly on top of his and for once, I felt like everything was going to be okay.