01

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄
pretty in in pink, not as innocent as you think

HOPE gently pressed her foot down on the acceleration pedal, savouring the familiar hum of my blue '69 Chevy Camaro

The glare caused by the sun coming from the cars passing her is blinding despite the effort of her sunglasses. The seatbelt tugged at her clothes, leaving her in discomfort.

A sigh escaped her mouth, and she pouted as a not-so-good song came on the radio. She reached over without taking her eyes off of the road in front of her and quickly switched the channel. Ironically, the song 'Carry on my Wayward Son' came on which lifted her spirits.

Hope leaned back in her seat, a content smile curving her lips. Soon enough, her smile vanished as the 'Welcome to Beacon Hills' sign came into view.

Hope had spent most of her night and day driving through many different towns, and only stopped one time to grab a snack and 'take a leak' as Dean would call it. And although it took her hours to drive from Massachusetts - where Dean, Sam, and her were on a hunt last - the sun was still up and shining brightly, angering her slightly.

She knew she should be happy about returning home, and she mostly was, but she was also sad about leaving Sam and Dean behind.

She'd always spend the summers with them and then return home, but this summer was different. Bobby died, came back as ghost, and now, he's gone forever. Technically, the only good thing that happened this summer was that Hope had gained a new friend named Charlie.

She blew out a breath and glanced over at the woods. Her grip on the steering wheel tightened as bad memories surfaced. But, as soon as her gaze landed on her childhood home, her lips once again rose into a soft smile.

She swiftly pulled into the driveway, briefly glancing at Scott's lime green dirt bike, Stiles' jeep, and Lydia's blue Toyota Prius.

Putting her car in park, she turned it off and took out the keys. Before jumping out, she looked into the mirror, fixed her smudged pink lipgloss as well as flattening her hair seeing as it was sticking up in multiple places.

Hope sighed as she looked longer into her reflection, seeing how her blonde hair lankly fell around her shoulders, her eyes were sunken in with dark circles under them that she tried to hide with a lot of concealer. Her blue eyes were rather dull and her cheeks were sunken in, showing how much she wasn't watching after herself after the pass few months. She honestly looked terrible.

She sighed before closing the door behind her, smiling up at the house she grew up in. She pocketed her car keys, walked to the trunk, and took out her two duffel bags filled with her belongings.

The blonde carried her bags towards the house, noting that the only source of movement was coming from the living room. She rolled her  eyes, knowing that everyone would be throwing some sort of welcome home party for her.