27

𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐊
little does she know... he thinks about her too

IT WAS LATER that night, and after everyone left to go do their own things, Hope was more than tired after spending hours in wolf form just running around town

IT WAS LATER that night, and after everyone left to go do their own things, Hope was more than tired after spending hours in wolf form just running around town. But, she knew she wasn't going to be able to sleep because then she'll start thinking about the melting and screaming witches, and a dead Kira.

So, her and Stiles was hanging out in her room, just talking about random things to get both of their minds off of their nightmares. She was wearing an over sized shirt which happened to be Dean's, and one of Stiles' sweat pants which she pretty much stole from him.

She was laughing about something Stiles had said, and she tilted her head back, missing the look that Stiles had given her.

Suddenly, Stiles felt like the world was crashing down on him as he imagined if Hope was taken away from him.

The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was just gone. Stiles paused. trying to hold back the strange feelings rumbling inside him, but he couldn't. A lone tear traced down his cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. So many tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down his face. His chin trembled as if he was a small child, and he began breathing heavier than he ever had before. He was gasping for air that simply wasn't there, and his throat burned forming a silent scream.

Hope frowned as she faced him and quickly grabbed his face, trying to calm him down. "What's wrong, mischief?" Tears stung in her eyes as she watched him suffer from the panic attack. She didn't know what caused it, but she was going to help him nonetheless. "Count with me. One..." She breathed in and he did the same. "Two..." They breathed out. "Three..." And they repeated it until he was calm. "What caused that one...?" She asked hesitantly as she massaged his shoulder.

Stiles took in a deep breath and looked her in the eyes. Both their eyes were full of unshed tears, and he wanted to hold her and keep her safe forever.

"I was so scared, Hope," he whispered and bit his lip before standing up fully and that's when he realized they were crouching in the ground. He wondered when they got there, but ignored it as he faced away from her, feelings his heart break. "I was so worried that when you went to find the witches that once we would find you, you would be dead. I thought I had lost you. We all thought that." He ran his hands through his hair, still facing away from her.

Hope stood up slowly, taking in a deep breath. "I did what I thought was best, Stiles. Kira was in danger. The town was in danger. I had to do som—"

"You didn't have to do it alone!" He shouted as he turned around to face her with wide, anger and fear filled eyes. "We were coming up with a plan so that everyone would come out alive!"

"And what?" She asked, her eyes hardening. "If we all went, they would've known. They would've hurt you... all of you! They were prepared enough for me as is!" She shouted, her chest heaving up and down. "They knew I was going to do anything and everything in my power to save my pack, my town. Who knows what they would've done to you guys. I risked my life for you guys and I will keep doing that."

"Stop!"He bellowed and she flinched in shock at his words. "See, that's the problem. You — you don't care about getting hurt. But you know how I'll feel? I'll be devastated. And if you die, I will literally go out of my freakin' mind." He took in a deep breath, his lips trembling. "You see, death doesn't happen to you Hope, it happens to everyone around you, okay? To all the people left standing at your funeral, trying to figure out how they're gonna live the rest of their lives without you in it." She blinked rapidly as she tried to not cry.

"Stiles..." Hope whispered out, not sure what to say, or if she should even say anything.

Stiles shook his head and ran his hands through his hair angrily before he said, "screw it!" He stared her in the eyes, unlinking. "When I see you, it's as if space and time become the finest point imaginable, as if time collapses into one tiny speck and explodes at light speed. It's as if my universe begins and ends with you. I could run forever, search forever, but in the end, every path leads right back to your heart and soul. I love you, Hope McCall. I have always loved you, and I will continue to love you until my last breath."

Hope's mouth open wide and she didn't know what to say. Her heart was pounding against her chest, and her legs turned to jelly as she tried to form words in her mouth. But, as soon as she finally started moving her mouth to say something, he was running out of the room.

Hope stated at his retreating figure with wide eyes. She just stood there in a state of shock and full bliss.