31

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
family might demand sacrifices, but sometimes they are all that you have

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 family might demand sacrifices, but sometimes they are all that you have

THE NEXT DAY, Hope went back to the Mikaelson's home, but this time, she wasn't alone. The pack was accompanying her, and she couldn't feel more grateful to have amazing people in her life.

"Hello, love," Klaus greeted as he opened the door right before they could even knock. His similar blue eyes to Hope, glanced around at the pack before stepping aside, allowing them all in. "I assume you have questions."

"You assume right," Hope spat as they all walked into the living room where the rest of them was gathered, Hayley with tears in her eyes. "I want answers and I want them now or I'm going to make sure you leave town and never return again."

Hayley swallowed thickly and wiped away the tears that skidded down her cheeks, and slowly approached Hope. But, before she could get too close, Stiles stepped slightly in front of the blonde, and grabbed ahold of her hand.

Hayley sighed but nodded. "We were scared of your reaction. We should've told you be—"

"Yes, you should've," Malia snapped as she moved forward to stand beside her best friend. She knows what it's like to find out you're adopted and then find out that you've met your real parents — parent in her case — and for them to not tell you.

Hayley nodded as she held back a sob, her green eyes meeting Hope's blue ones. "You have every right to be mad, but please, we all beg for you to listen to our side of the story before you make a decision."

Hope nodded and then stepped forward, leveling with her 'mother'. "I want to know why the hell you've been here for weeks, looked me in the eyes, danced with me, and still didn't tell me who you really were." She then looked over her shoulder at Rebekah and Kol. "I want to know why you all pretended to be my friends to only backstab me," she cried out, her bottom lip trembling.

"We wanted to help you with all your problems before we came out to you," Rebekah stated as she sniffed. "We were going to tell you. I promise you that, Hope. I didn't want to hurt you. None of us want that. We want you safe and happy."

"Is that why you sent me away?" She asked? looking up at them with vulnerable eyes full of pain. "Is that why you gave me up just like that?" She snapped her fingers angrily, her eyes narrowing.

"Sweetie..."

"Oh, no, don't get me wrong, Hayley, but I love Melissa who is my real mother!" Hope snapped and Scott laid a comforting hand on her shoulder. "She took me in from her doorstep, allowed me in her life, raised me, fed me, clothed me, and she made me into the person I am standing in front of you. If it wasn't for her kindness and hospitality, I probably wouldn't be here right now." She shook her head angrily before taking in a deep breath. "Did you even love me?!"