5 - Numbers

I woke up with the thought of Jonah in my head. I couldn't stop thinking about the car ride last night. And to my surprise, he wasn't your typical bad boy. He was smart and sweet.

I got dressed and hopped down the stairs to grab breakfast. I look around and I realize dad is already gone. I grab a granola bar.

I walked out of the house to see Jonah waiting by his car.

"Hey," I yelled across the street which made him look up.

"Hey," He said as I started walking towards his car. "Whats up?"

"Nothing Mr.Badboy." I said laughing at my own 'joke' which made him roll his eyes.

"I'm not a bad boy Natalia." He said getting into his car and starting the engine. I just realized that he called me Natalia and not Nat. I let the thought leave my head and I stay silent the rest of the ride.

When we got to school, Jonah decided to break the silence. "Hey, you know we have FAC now right?" He said.

"Ah, crap, more time with you," I said teasing him.

"Come on, I can't be that bad." He said running a hand through his hair.

"Yes though, you really are," I said laughing obviously joking.

"Whatever," He said holding the door open for me as we arrived at the doors of the school.

We walked to FAC class together receiving so many looks from the people in the halls.

When we got into class, all eyes were on us. See, I hate attention and Jonah seems to be oblivious to all the attention he brings. I try to go to the back of the class when a hand wraps around my wrist.

I turn around seeing two faces. I see Jonah motioning for me to sit next to him and I see Maddie giving me the 'I will rip your throat out if you touch him' look. She was very scary and I did not work so well with very scary.

I hesitated and decided that I should sit next to Jonah because we were probably going to work on our project.

"Good morning class." A young male walked in as he spoke. A lot of whooping erupted from the girls.

"All the girls have a crush on him," Jonah whispered to me.

"And one on you," I muttered to him. He just laughed and shook it off.

During class, Jonah and I managed to finish the research portion of the paper. He was distracted by all the winks he was getting from all the girls in the class. I don't know why, but for some reason, it bothered me.

At the end of the class, Jonah gave me his number and I gave him mine. He used the reason that 'sometimes he may be too lazy to walk across the street'.

I started walking towards my next class until I got stopped by Maddie.

"Natasha," She said staring at me. If looks could kill, I'd be dead yesterday.

"It's Natalia actually," I muttered under my breath.

"Whatever, stay away from Jonah because he is mine." She said flipping her brown hair over he shoulder.

What is Jonah property now, and how the heck am I supposed to stay away from my neighbor? For some reason, I got a rush of confidence and said something I should not have said.

"Oh yeah, speaking of Jonah, do you know where he is? I have to return his clothes from last night." I said trying super hard not to laugh at the look of rage on her tiny face.

"What!" She exploded throwing her hands to her side. Thankfully, Jonah showed up.

"Hey," he said wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me close to him. His touch sent a wave of electricity through my body. "What's going on?" He asked.