42 - Games

J O N A H ' S POV

"Norman, hey." I shout as I catch up to Natalia's father.

"Hey Jonah, what's up buddy?" He answered.

"I know that Nat's been having a rough few days and I wanted to do something for her to help her out. But, I wanted to get your permission before I moved on with my plan."

Norman pauses for a second before answering. "If it's about your sexual life, I'd rather not know." He laughs as he watches my face turn a bright shade or pink. "I'm just messing with you." He laughs even louder as he hits my shoulder. "What was it you were saying?"

"Uh, I was just wondering, if uh Nat and I could like..."

N A T A L I A ' S POV

"You're the only one who hasn't met Jayden yet." Opal sighs as she tosses her phone to me to show me a picture of her and Jayden earlier today.

"He's cute." I say zooming into his face. "What does Nathan have to say about this?" I say as I pass the phone back to her.

Opal huffs and rolls her eyes. "He literally has said nothing."

"Wait are you using Jayden to make Nate jealous?" I ask with a malicious grin on my face already knowing the answer.

The door knocking interrupted my interrogation. I looked over at Opal who looks like she's thanking god for the knock at the door. She jumps up and opens the door.

"My lord and savior, Jonah West." She praises. He raises his eyebrow at me and I give him the 'I'll explain later' look.

"Can I borrow her?" Jonah asks as he looks at me with the most intimidating look I've ever seen.

"No, take her and don't bring her back." Opal said "Jonah why do you look like you're about to kill someone?"

"She knows." He says as he nodded his head towards me.

"Please don't let me leave Opal." I joke.

"Nope, get up and leave." She says as she shoves me off the bed and pushes me through the door. "Don't forget to use protection!" Opal yells when me and Jonah are almost out of the hallway. "Oh, never mind Nat's on her period, she won't be getting pregnant!"

"Where are we going?" I ask still blushing like crazy from Opal's outburst.

"The beach."

***

The sky was a palette of vibrant oranges, purples, and blues. The sound of the waves crashing against the sand was music to my ears. I inhaled the salty scent of the sea as I felt the wet sand between my toes.

"What are you thinking about?" Jonah asks as he nudges my side.

"The scenery." I admitted as I let out a long breath.

"She thought the view was pretty, but I thought she was prettier." Jonah says mocking every corny love story to ever exist. I roll my eyes at him and smack his arm.

"Let's watch the rest of the sunset." I say as I sit down and I pull him down to sit beside me. We sit in silence as we listen to the waves hitting the sand. I smile at how pretty it was here. From the corner of my eye I see Jonah observing me. "What?" I ask as I look back at him.