37 - Barely

"Come here what's wrong?" I asked her as I motioned for her to come sit beside me. 

"I think we broke up." She said trying her best not to let her tears fall. She looked down at her hands and took a deep breath. "He wouldn't even look at me, he, he started yelling at me and telling me how much he 'loved' me and how he can't believe I did that and then he told me to leave and I couldn't move and he started crying before he started punching the wall and-" She started crying and I wrapped her in her arms. By her story, Nate loves her. He still does. No guy cries over a girl he used to love.

"I'm so sorry. You guys will be fine, I promise you." I say as she calms down. She shakes her head and looks at me.

"I hope so. I'm just so impulsive, I act without thinking it through. So, what happened with you?" She asked as she wiped under her eyes. 

"Raised voices, tears, the usual." I said shrugging it off as if it were not big deal. I just didn't want to think about it anymore. "Well, we have two options," I say. "Either we go back to the party, or we stay in here and hang out, your pick." 

"I'd rather stay in here." She sighed getting up to go to the bathroom. "We can watch Netflix or something." I nod and follow her to the bathroom to remove my makeup.  We remove our make up and make small talk. Back in the room, I hand her one of the t-shirts in the wardrobe. Soon after getting in bed, we fall asleep.

J O N A H ' S  P O V

"On a scale from one to ten, how wrong are we?" I asked Nate as I walk out of Nate's bathroom.

"So fucking wrong." Nate said as he got off his bed and walked into the bathroom. "We completely fucked up." He yelled from the bathroom. 

He's right. We did go wrong but they also went up there with Zach. I guess we both did something wrong. I want to apologise again to Nat, but she isn't even taking a fraction of the blame which pisses me off.

"Yo, you wanna make something to eat?" Nathan asks as he dries his hair off. I nod and standup and we make our way out the room. "I don't know how I'm gonna survive the hour long car ride." He mumbled beside me.

I completely forgot.

"I mean you and I can ride together." I say nudging him with my elbow. He nods and we walk into the kitchen to find Natalia and Opal. Fuck me.

I manage to keep my cool but on the other hand, Nate is fuming. Opal looks a little terrified even, I don't blame her. Nate grabs a cup of water and storms out the kitchen and Opal desperately follows. I'm left alone with Natalia.

N A T A L I A ' S  P O V

"Hey," He mumbles looking a bit lost.

"I thought about it." I blurted before I could stop myself. He looked confused and cocked and eyebrow. "I'm sorry for not trusting you. I know you would never do that." I said letting out a sigh I didn't know I was holding in.

"I'm sorry." He said as he held his arms open. "I don't like fighting with you." He whispered into my hair as I leaned my head against his chest. 

"Me neither." I mumble back hugging him tighter. We stayed in that position for a while before we heard a door slam. "I better check on Opal." 

"Okay." He said letting go of me slowly as if he were scared to loose me. "I love you, more than anything." 

"I love you." I said back with a small smile which he returned. I walked out of the kitchen and rushed up the stairs.

I walk past Nate and I grab his hand to stop him.

"Hey what's wrong?" I asked searching his furious eyes.

"Opal is fucking pissing me off, she doesn't trust me and..." He said before yanking his arm away and turning around. "Talk to her." He says before walking off.

I am now genuinely concerned. I skip up the rest of the stairs and find Opal in Nate's room.

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask as she spins around. She doesn't look upset, she looks like she's plotting something. 

"Nothing why?" She says but I can see her fighting back tears. "Hey have you seen Zach?"

"Opal, don't do this to him." I say standing in front of the door knowing exactly what she's going to do. 

"Why not?" She asks running a hand through her hair.

"He loves you, Opal trust me he didn't do anything." I say trying to get her to change her mind. 

"So you're taking his side?" She asked more shocked than mad.

"Yes because you're about to do something you will regret. He wants you to realise he wouldn't do that to you. I know you wouldn't do that to him." I say walking over to her.

"Actually, I would. It's driving me crazy." He said tugging at her hair as tears streamed down her face.

"Opal, Jonah and Nathan didn't do anything." I said wiping her tears.

"He told me Nat. He literally said, 'how would you feel if I told you I slept with Abigail?' to my face." She cried.

"That doesn't mean he did-" I said interrupted by her storming out the room. I yell her name but she doesn't turn around. I leave the room and look around for her but I can't see her. I run down to Jonah and I'm out of breath.

"Woah slow down what's up?" He asked cocking his eyebrow. 

"Where is Zach's room?" I asked and he looked at me worried.

"Why do you want to go there?" He asked.

"Opal is about to do something she will regret." I said and regretted it right away when I saw Nate in the corner of my eye. 

"What is Opal doing with Zach?" He asked with a heaving chest and clenched fists.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N ; okay so much tea damn this party is DRAGGING do you like it though ??

dedicated to ; opal bc she needs holy water

comment ; your thoughts on endgame (may be some spoilers xd)

vote ; hehe