38 - Lot of Love

"Nothing." I speak a bit too quickly. Nathan rolls his eyes and storms up the stairs. "I have to tell Opal." 

"We can't stop this he was going to find out anyways." Jonah says as he grabs my hand. 

"Fine." I say and sit down beside him. "I hope they make it." I mutter. Zach skips down the stairs and walks over to us.

"What's that girls name, Oval? Yeah she comes into my room, and won't do shit. I start to kiss her, she pushes me away. What a prude." He mumbles the last bit. 

"Wait nothing happened?" I asked somewhat relived.

"Nah, I don't think anything could have anyways. I wouldn't go for her." He says as he leaves the kitchen.

"Okay that's good, he won't be mad at her then." I say and smile. The look on Jonah's face makes my smile drop. 

"What the fuck Opal?" Nathan screams from upstairs startling me. "I leave you for 20 minutes and you decide to fuck Zach? Him of all people O. How can you be so childish?"

"Nothing happened." She cried as she tried to grab his arm but he pried her off. "Babe..."

"Don't say that!" He yelled as she jumped backwards. "What matters is that you thought about fucking him. You had the idea to get me back didn't you?" His voice cracks and softens. "Opal, you know I would never cheat on you, I didn't sleep with fucking Abigail." He says as he runs a hand through his hair.

"Nate I love you I'm sorry." She said as tears strolled down her face. He shook his head as a tear threatened to roll down.

"You don't. I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore." He says and turns away. Opal looks broken. Why do I feel like I'm taking Nate's side?

"I'll see you later?" I tell Jonah and walk away from him. "I'm going to take Opal home." He nods and I walk up the stairs to get Opal. I pull her trembling body down the stairs. I don't say anything. 

We both get into the car and I start driving. The drive is silent besides Opal's sniffles. I almost feel bad for her but this is her fault. I told her not to but she let her anger get the best of her.

"I fucked up." She said as we rounded into her driveway. All I could do was nod. "I should've listened to you."

"It's alright don't worry." I say back.

"I think I'm going to lay low, might miss some school." She sighs and places her hand on the handle. "I'll be alright." She finally says before stepping out of the car. 

A sigh slips past my lips as I pull out of her driveway and back to my house. 

"Hey Nat." My dad says when I step into the house. "How was the party?" 

"It was okay." I say and shrug. "Where is Corbyn?" 

"He's teaching Jonah's younger brother to play basketball. So, how are you and Jonah?" He asked as he pat the seat beside him. I go and sit beside him on the couch.

"We are good." I say a bit too quickly.

"Nat." He says and folds his arms against his chest.

"Okay, I don't know." I sigh.

"What don't you know?" He asked scooting a bit closer.

"Well, everything. I'm new at this relationship thing, and Jonah having been the 'bad boy' of the school and literally having every girl like him... I guess I'm scared. I know I shouldn't be, but I feel like we might be falling apart and I don't want that." I admitted to my dad. I never thought we would be having this conversation, but here we are.