15 - Funnel Cakes and Hoco Dates

like, comment, & share <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lay in bed as I read the assigned chapters in english class. Not the most productive position I have to admit. I check my phone and the time read 3:45. I have not left my room once this whole day. Tragic.

"Talia! I am bored. Can we go do something?" I heard Corbyn yell from downstairs. It's as if he was reading my mind.

I slowly rolled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. I thought of several things we could do and I suddenly remember hearing some talk about a fair. We can do that. I started freshening up in the mirror and I tied my hair into a messy bun. I grabbed a pair of ripped jean shorts and a crop hoodie and quickly threw them on before leaving my room.

I skipped down the stairs to see my dad and Corbyn watching T.V.

"Hey dad, Corbyn and I are going out do you want to come?" I said as I tied my converse.

"Where are you going?" My dad asked, still focused on his the T.V.

"A fair I heard about. Oh, can we use your car?" I replied standing up.

"Yes, you can drive my car. Speaking of, we should get you a car." He said tossing me the keys to the car.

"I 100% agree with you. I should get a car." I said, thrilled at the thought of a car of my own.

"That would mean driving Corbyn to school, and doing most of the shopping." Dad said laughing at the immediate change in my mood.

"Fine, it better be a nice car." I said laughing. "So do you want to come?"

"I can't go. I have too much work." Dad replied sighing as he stretched.

"It's fine." I said letting out a short sigh. "Well, we will see you later. We won't come back to late. Ready Corbs?"

"Yes. Let's go already." He said rolling his eyes and laughing. I lightly hit him on the head as we walked to the car.

We got into the car and drove off in a comfortable silence. The silence only lasted a while before Corbyn spoke up.

"What's up with you and Jonah?" He asked. "I can sense something is wrong between you two."

"Honestly, I don't know myself." I said letting out a sigh. "I think he's mad at me. I can't even tell."

"Ok, how about you and Daniel?" He asked as I breaked at the red light.

"He likes me. I think I like him too." I said as a slow blush creeped onto my cheeks.

"Hm." He said rubbing his chin with his fingers. "I don't like Daniel." He states flatly.

"Why not?" I scoff. "Have you ever even spoken to him?"

"Not sure, Jonah just told me not too." He said pulling his phone out of his pocket.

I almost choked on air. Jonah still talks to Corbyn?

"You guys talk?" I ask surprised.

"Well, I mean we are neighbors, kind of hard to ignore each other." He said shrugging as he turned up the volume of the radio. "I love this song." He said as he started head bobbing to the song on the radio.

Why doesn't Jonah like Daniel? Why won't Jonah talk to me, but to Corbyn? I let out a sigh as I shook my head. Boys.

Finally, we arrive to the fair. We both hop out of the car.

"Call me when you're ready to go home okay?" I said to Corbyn before he ran off.

"Yeah, for sure." He replied before walking away. We both went our separate ways.

I found a bench near the entrance and decided to sit down for a while. Many things crossed my mind as I was sitting there. Maybe I should ask Daniel if he wants to hang. So, I did, completly ignoring everything Corbyn said in the car.

Me: hey, im at the city fair would you want to join?

Daniel: id love too.

Me: =D

Daniel: <3

I let out a happy sigh as a leaned into the bench. Quickly, I decide to dial Opal's number.

"Hey girl." I sigh as soon as she picks up.

"Hey, you down to go to the fair?" She asked. I grin and reply.

"Already here." I said, I could hear her laughing.

"Ok, I'm bringing my sister Liza by the way." She said quickly.

"Ok cool, see you later babes." I said blowing her a kiss through the phone.

I sat at the bench playing around on my phone, waiting for my friend to arrive. I hear footsteps approach and I look up to see Daniel.

"Hey," I smile at him. I notice he's holding a funnel cake. I stand up and walk towards him.

"Hi," He smiles back ruffling his hair with his free hand. "I was just wondering, if you wanted to go to homecoming with me? I even got you this funnel cake." He said handing the funnel cake over to me.

"Yeah, of course." I smile letting out a small giggle.

"Okay, great. Yeah, great." He stuttered. "Can we shared?" He asks as he enveloped me in a hug.

"Nope." I yelled running away from him with the cake in my hands and a smile on my face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guysssss !! wowwww it feels like its been forever !!!!! kinda has lmao .. I missed writing :( but im back and better than ever !! next chapter is gonna be some teaaa so stay tuned :)

Song of the Chapter: chateau by blackbear

(wdw released a new album that I #love !1!!1!!!! yea go stream it its called 8 letters)