35 - Seniors

"Today is the fucking day. Did you know they only hold this party once a year?" Opal said as she plopped down on my bed. We both are coming back from shopping for our outfits. "It's going to be huge." She squealed with excitement. 

"Okay, it's 6 PM, we have 4 hours, what to do?" I asked as I went and sat beside her. 

"First, we find the address of this house, second, we can hang out and lastly, we hit the party at 10:15." She said. "I already got the address, it's an hour drive so we can leave around 9:20."

"Deal." I said.

Two hours pass and we are showering and getting dressed. Opal decided she wants to do my hair and makeup for the night. I walk over to my outfit for the night. A black tube top, paired with a denim skirt, vans and a black cap. I decided to take Jonah's hoodie with me incase it go cold. 

I finally stop admiring my outfit and put it on. I have to admit, I feel really good in this. 

"Holy shit, Nat that outfit looks so good on you." Opal said as soon as she stepped out of my bathroom. I blush and thank her as she puts her outfit on. She was wearing ripped jeans with fishnets beneath them and an oversized 'ACDC' shirt. She tied her hair into a messy bun and pulled out a few stands to make it look cute. "How do I look?" She asked with her hands on her hips.

"Stunning." I said sincerely. "Nathan's missing out." I said as I sat down in front of my mirror. 

"I'll see him later." She said waving it off. "Jonah will probably be there too." She winked. Jonah and I still haven't talked since our argument on Sunday. It seems like such a stupid thing to argue about but I'm more mad about the fact that he threw Daniel in my face. 

"Alright make up time." She said. My mind kept racing as I thought about how Jonah would react if he saw me at the party. I was pretty excited. 

"Ta-da!" Opal said as she finished. I opened my eyes and I gasped. It was small, but it made me look so nice. She applied some glitter on my eyelids, some blush on my cheeks and some lip gloss on my lips. "Onto your hair, I'm just going to straighten it." 

Several minutes later, she finished and I looked different. I didn't usually straighten my hair but when I did, it looked good. 

"Okay, shall we go?" She asked as she checked the time.

"We shall." I said laughing at our use of formal language. We pile into her car and drive. The drive wasn't that long, maybe 45 minutes. 

We pulled into a forest in the middle of no where. Suddenly, we hear music, we see lights and the biggest house ever. 

"Woah." I muttered. 

"Woah is correct." She said in the same state of shock as me. She parked her car but stayed in the car. "Okay, Nate told me some things about these parties. There are 5 seniors from each school in Palo Alto that 'own' this house. They throw one party a year to pick next years seniors. There are about 500 different kids from at least 20 different schools so stick with me until Nate arrives."

"Okay." I say trying to take all the information in. We both get out of her car and walk towards the house. "Holy cow."

"Yeah, each senior has their own room here, its pretty crazy." She said as we walked into the house. The house was beautiful. There were people dancing everywhere. The music was loud and the smell of alcohol was strong. Opal grabbed my hand as she pulled me towards the bar. "Who are the 5 seniors from our school?"

"No one knows." She shrugged. "So, what would you like to drink? I recommend the sour green apple vodka, if you are drinking."

"I'll take that." I said. She hands me the cup and I take a sip. I expected it to be terrible but its actually good. I lick my lips to collect the taste from my lips. "It's good." I say as Opal takes a sip from hers.

"Yeah, downside is it will get you drunk pretty quickly." She laughs. "Lets go dance." 

We went to the dance floor for about 10 minutes until people started cheering. Opal and I were a tad bit tipsy but we look around and we spot Nate and Jonah and Carter. Frick. Opal runs over to Nate and hugs him. I, however turn away from Jonah and make my way towards the bar. Someone tugs on my elbow and I turn around. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked sounding defeated. 

"Grabbing a drink." I said stating the obvious. 

"Since when do you drink?" He asked shoving his hands into his pockets in an awkward way. I shrug and turn away from him. "Baby..." 

"No, don't say that to me Jonah." I say fighting back tears still not looking at him. He grabs me by the hand and tugs gently. I look up at him and he nods his head to the stairs. I hesitantly follow him. I wipe my eyes in best attempt not to ruin Opal's make up. Once we are upstairs, he opens the door to a room. I follow him in and close the door.

"You look nice today." He said unsure of what to say. I nod. "Baby I'm sorry for what I said to you on Sunday. And I'm sorry for not texting you." He said as he slowly walked towards me and wraps his arms around me as I kept my arms by my side. "I love you and I don't want to fight with you."

"It's okay." I say slowly hugging him back. He pulls away and kisses my lips. "Who's room is this?" I ask when he pulls away. The room has a king sized bed in the middle of it, a television, a wardrobe and a desk. It's quite nice.

"Uhm, mine." He stutters. I gasp and realise he is one of the 5 seniors.

"Who are the other four?" I ask.

"Zach, Jack, Daniel, and Nathan." He says back. "Babe I hate to do this now, but you need to stay in here until I come back." He says sitting on his bed. 

"What?" I yell frustrated. "I didn't come here so you could lock me up. He strides over to me and grabs my face. 

"Do you trust me?" He asked in a low voice. I nod as he kisses my nose and walks to the door. "I love you." He said before walking out. I decide to call Opal and see if she would keep me company. 

"Hey," She grumbles on her side of the line. "Nathan freaking locked me in his room."

"Same," I said back. "Do you know why?"

"I wish. Hey, we can sneak around, meet me at the stairs in ten minutes." She says before the line cuts. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N ; okay I need to edit this I wrote it in 4 hrs its bout to get intense

dedicated to ; you

comment ; what is happening next you think?

vote ; hehe