Chapter Ten - King of Seduction

King of Seduction

Sebastian stood in front of his office window, his hands clasped tightly behind his back. He was shirtless, his feet bare, dressed only in a pair of worn jeans. He couldn't stand to wear clothes in this form. Hell, after his curse he'd run through the forest ass naked like a mad man for half a century.

He shivered at the memory.

Bowing his head he wondered for the hundredth time what Victoria was doing. Was she in pain? Had she healed from the previous night? Was she angry with him, hurt, scared?

Damn it, he wished this day would end. The sooner the sun set the sooner he could see her again.

His ears twitched. "You know I disapprove of your spying, Nicholas," he grumbled.

There came a soft chuckle behind him. "I can never get past you though."

"I could hear you breathing." Sebastian eyed the bottle of whiskey hanging limply from the mercenary's fingers. "And I could smell you."

Nicholas smirked. "Ah yes, I do enjoy my spirits." He walked to a chair in front of Sebastian's desk and sat down with a sigh. Sebastian wondered if his fatigue was due to a job or a female. "How did last night go?"

Sebastian growled, turning away from the window. "That's none of your concern."

Nicolas raised a brow. "That well?"

Pouring himself a glass of whiskey he sat at his desk and leaned back. "It was...surprising."

"At least she didn't run for the hills screaming."

Sebastian winced. "I didn't let her see me." Obviously that had been a smart move.

"She seems strong. She may be able to accept this form," Nicholas offered.

He stiffened, whirling the whiskey around his glass. He'd wondered the very same many times today. Even though she'd been frightened at first, Victoria had responded passionately to his touch. She'd fucking begged him for Christ sake's. He nearly groaned, still remembering her taste on his tongue.

Victoria may have been innocent and inexperienced but he couldn't remember ever receiving that much pleasure. He couldn't stop thinking about her. Never had he been this enthralled by a woman. Was it because he'd gone so long without, or was it her?

Aware that Nicholas was watching him intently he pushed thoughts of last night aside. "How is she today?"

The mercenary smiled, pulling out a cigar. "Very well. Jasper reported she was in good health. She also has a healthy appetite." He lit his cigar, the cherry smoke curling about his head. "She asked about you."

Sebastian perked up. "She did?"

"She wanted to know if you would be visiting her again tonight. Jasper informed her that you might."

He swallowed hard. "And what did she say?"

Nicholas smiled. "She seemed interested to see you again. She is curious about you."

"Curious?" Not terrified or angry? His heart sped up. Did he truly have a chance? The idea that Victoria might actually want to see him again had feelings he'd never known racing over him.

At that moment Jasper poked his head through the door, literally. "Am I interrupting?"

Nicholas grinned mischievously. "We were just discussing Victoria."

"Ah, good timing then." Floating through the door he turned corporal, leaning against the wood. "Did you tell him she was asking about him?"

Nicholas glanced at Sebastian slyly. "I did."