Chapter Twenty-Four - The Demon Gives In

The Demon Gives In

Jasper stared down at the dead body with raised brows. "So you found him..."

"Yes." Sebastian leaned back against the wall of the prestigious motel room, ignoring the blood staining into the expensive carpet. The necromancer, or what was left of him, lay at his feet. Nicholas stood beside him idly cleaning his nails with the tip of his dagger.

"And I take it he talked?" Jasper asked.

Nicholas smirked. "Oh, he talked."

Sebastian smiled sadistically. Once Nicholas got to work the necro had been more than accommodating with answering their questions. Too bad for him Sebastian never had any intention of letting him live.

When he finally found the dark wizard he'd immediately called Nicholas. He knew if he captured the necromancer alone he would never stay in control long enough to gain information. It had taken all he had not to rip the bastards head clean off right in the lobby of the human hotel. Luckily Nicholas had been following a lead on Bane's location and was close by. The old mercenary was particularly skilled at obtaining information.

Jasper cocked his head, inspecting the body. "And?"

"He was sent by Gabriel," Sebastian informed him. "The bastard didn't know why, only that it was imperative he not fail."

"And when he did fail the prick went on the run," Nicholas added. "The Mad One is not forgiving."

"And Shaw?"

Sebastian snarled, "Victoria was to be given to the wolf."

Jasper scowled. "What the hell is going on here?"

Sebastian felt as if he'd go mad asking himself that very same thing. Sighing, he rubbed a hand tiredly over his face. He'd been hunting down the necro relentlessly, not stopping to eat or sleep. He'd barely seen Victoria and damn did he miss her. It haunted him that each day she slept in his bed and he could not be with her.

"I grow weary of this," he said. "Nicholas, get the witches to clean this up before the humans find him. I don't care of the price. Jasper, take me home."

Nicholas nodded. "Very well."

Stepping forward Jasper grasped his arm. Sebastian sucked in a breath as the world went black. For one heart pounding second he felt nothing but pressing cold then he was standing outside his bedroom door.

Damn, but he hated phasing. If he needed to travel he preferred teleportation spells or amulets.

A thought struck him.

Leaving instructions with Jasper on a new gift for Victoria he entered his bedroom. Shutting the door his eyes fell on the bed. His heart clenched as pure joy and desire hit him in the gut. The thick drapes were pulled tight against the sun and the room was dark and cool. Victoria was sleeping, her dark hair spread out over his pillow.

She was wearing one of his dress shirts. She sleeps in my bed, in my shirt.

His cock shot hard and he just barely resisted the urge to go to her. He was covered in filth and didn't dare touch her. Instead he went to the bathroom and showered, trying to ignore his throbbing cock. Once clean he dried off and went to his closet to pull on a pair of sweats. The entire time his heart raced, he would finally sleep beside his female.

Turning back for the bedroom he stopped dead. Victoria was standing in the closet doorway, hands on her hips, dark eyes glaring. "Where the hell have you been?"