Chapter Thirty-Four - Meeting True Evil

Meeting True Evil

A cell door banged.

Victoria struggled awake, sitting up on the floor with a groan. She attempted to wiggle her fingers and cried out in pain. Her hands were stiff and swollen from the chains.

The lock on her cell slid open. She struggled to her feet, her heart slamming in her chest.

Shoving the cell door open Vincent stumbled inside. His hair was loose, the long black locks hanging over his face, which was slicked with sweat from fever.

"Come, halfling. We have a guest."

Scowling she snapped, "Go to hell, Vincent."

Growling he stalked across the cell. Grabbing her roughly by the chains he dragged her towards the door. Victoria bit back a cry of pain as he continued to pull her roughly through the dungeon and up several flights of stairs.

Entering a great room he tossed her to the floor. "As promised."

Shoving the hair out of her eyes with her shoulder Victoria glanced up wide eyed. Standing above her was a demon. His skin was pale, nearly white, and his long hair was jet black, hanging to his waist. Two black horns twisted from the sides of his head and upward.

A fiery demon?

"Yes I see," the demon remarked. His voice was cold, completely devoid of any emotion. Eyes the color of ice flicked over her body and she resisted the urge to shudder. "It seems you haven't been taking good care of her. Gabriel will be displeased."

"She's mine, Ivan," Vincent snarled. "I can do what I want with her."

Ivan! Victoria's eyes went wide. Ivan the Defiler?

"Yes, well that's where you're wrong." Ivan gave him an open look of disdain. "Gabriel will be taking the halfling for himself."

Vincent let out a deep growl. "We had an arrangement. The halfling is mine. Now I want the fucking antidote!"

Ivan chuckled. "Did you truly believe Gabriel would let you take her? Come now, wolf."

Vincent wavered on his feet, clutching at the back of a chair. "We had an agreement. I kept my end of the deal."

"And Gabriel is breaking his." Ivan glanced over Vincent and raised a brow. "Look at you. How the mighty fall. I should just put you down now, dog."

Vincent growled.

"You can't even turn." Ivan held up a hand when Vincent moved towards him menacingly. "No need to attack, I have the antidote. I will give it to you. After I take Victoria to Gabriel."

The wolf stood still, his fists clenched. Victoria could see him visibly shaking with fury. "I'm going to kill you both."

Victoria glanced between the two, unsure what was happening. "What do you want with me?"

Ivan snapped those cold eyes to her. "You speak when spoken too. Talk out of turn again and I will rip your tongue out."

Her eyes widened with fear. Oh god, this man was pure evil.

Smirking Ivan leaned down, clutching her chin. "Did you truly fuck Sebastian in his demonic form?" His hand tightened and she couldn't stop a whimper of pain. Ivan's eyes lighted with pleasure. "I despise that berserker. He ruined everything, destroyed my armies, freed my slaves and sent me on the run. But now I'm going to slaughter him, after I torture him. If Sebastian thought what he suffered before was bad just wait."