Chapter Twenty-Nine - Spellbound by a Demon

Spellbound by a Demon

Victoria gave a deep sigh, finally relaxing after days of stress. The warm water eased her muscles as she rinsed her hair under the shower.

As far as they could tell the antidote was working. Although Sebastian had yet to wake he was no longer suffering from those horrible attacks. Even still Jasper had to force her away from him. She'd managed to sleep for a few hours, her mind plagued with nightmares.

Turning off the shower she dried off and dressed in a modest nightgown before heading back to Sebastian. She slipped into their room quietly, the lights were off and the room was dark but her elven eyes could still see. Stepping further into the room Victoria glanced at the bed and gasped. It was empty.

"Sebastian?" She looked around, nearly jumping out of her skin as he stood up from a chair in the corner of the room.

"Why are you here?" he demanded angrily.

"What do you mean?" Victoria felt a stab of disappointment. She had thought he would be happy to see her. His golden eyes glowed and she recognized the look on his face. The demon was furious.

"Why didn't you leave with your beloved wolf?" Sebastian sneered, stalking towards her like a predator.

Something's not right. She took a step back, pressing against the door. "Sebastian, you're confused. I would never want to go with Vincent."

"Do not lie to me!" he bellowed, leaping across the room and slamming his hands beside either side of her head. His sharp claws dug into the wood of the door as he growled over her. His eyes were glazed, his breathing ragged.

"Sebastian, it's the poison. You're delirious..."

He pounded a fist on the door, the hard wood cracking under the force. "Shut up! Don't say another word to me." He leaned down close, his teeth bared. "Just tell me the truth, you wanted to go with him. Did the two of you plan it all along!?"

She flinched at his harsh tone. This wasn't her Sebastian, she knew that, but he was dangerous in this state and it frightened her. "Please, listen to me. I would never want Vincent. Never." She laid her hands on his chest. "Please."

"Please?" he repeated the word as if it were something foul. "You just love to beg don't you, female? Do you beg him for it like you beg me?"

"You know I've never been with anyone else!" she cried, trying to reach past his delirium. She knew this wasn't his fault, that he couldn't think past the fever and poison. Her poor demon was suffering so badly.

"Every word that comes from your mouth is a lie!" He scrapped his claws down the door, shredding the wood. "I should have just killed you that first night!" he roared. "You made me care for you...I thought you..." he broke off, dropping his head against her shoulder. "You will drive me over the edge, Victoria. Why did you do it? You didn't have to pretend with me."

She felt as if he were tearing her heart out. "Sebastian-"

"Don't," he cut her off with a growl. His body was shaking with fury. "You're mine. I will never let him have you. I'll kill him first." He wrapped a hand around her hair, pulling her head back. "Do you hear me? You're mine!" He pulled her hair tighter. "I'll make you mine."

"Wait!" she exclaimed. Sebastian ignored her. Before she knew what was happening his sharp claws had shredded through her nightgown. He ripped the torn fabric from her body with a snarl. "Sebastian, you can't! You've been ill."

"Silence!" He grabbed her thighs in his hands, lifting her up and pressing her against the door. With a low growl he buried his head against her breasts, lapping and sucking as if he were starving.